Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Soo I took my taco for an oil change..

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Marky Mark 
#1 ·
Soo I took my taco for an oil change.. And came home with a Tundra :eek:

Hah, actually I traded in my Tacoma to get my wife a car (that's love!). I was going to get me another used Tacoma later. Somehow, I managed to get her a new Corolla and me the new Tundra for $80 more than I was paying for my 2009 Tacoma :confused: lol.. *shrug*

The Tundra I got is very basic and they were pretty much trying to get rid of it. White, 2010, 4x4 Reg Cab w/ 8ft Bed, the work truck package & 64 miles.

I felt like I was getting a heck of a deal on it ($22k) so even though I really wanted another Tacoma, I couldn't pass it up. Plus, I needed something to tow my boat :)

I usually hang out on TacomaWorld.com but I guess all of that will be changing now. I'm hoping this site will replace that one.

Anyone here have a White Reg Cab Worker's truck that they've turned into something beautiful? I feel like I'm a construction worker every time I get in it hehe... (not that i wouldn't want to be one!)

So anywayz, that's my story and possibly the longest intro ever.
Fo Sho,
-Flashy :cool:

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Welcome to TT from Southern Indiana and Congrats on the purchase! Post up some pics. If you want to make it look better you can have the front bumper and grille surround colormatched white to your truck. It makes a huge difference in looks.

#7 ·
Yeah i think i'll do that actually. On my taco i blacked out the grill and the front valance. I'll probably leave the valance black on this and then paint the rest white.

I wouldn't imagine it'd be hard to color match this joker. Where/what kinda paint should i use if I want to DIM? (Do it myself :p)

#5 ·
Haha, alrighty... Well, here's what was on my phone:

And this is what I traded in:

I had it Linex'd yesterday. I'll try to get more pics when i get home.

#9 ·
I don't know what it is about them taco's but they leave a mark. They're like the sports car of trucks IMO. Fun to drive on and off road...

#8 ·
I'd leave the lower valance the color it is. If you do it all then it don't look that good. I'm not sure if you can do the front bumper yourself since it needs to be sandblasted. As for the grille sand it up and apply a couple coats of white paint on it then do a clearcoat and let it dry out in the sun. If you want paint for the grille surround I'd pick up a can of white paint. It's around $6 or so. I forget the name of it but it's supposed to be colormatching paint.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Awesome, thanks.

Is there a texture to my bumper or something? (I guess I could walk outside and look at it :p) I assume it's not the same finish as the rest of the vehicle so I'll have to wet sand that joker or something?

If I have to buy a new bumper I'll probably get one of them armor plated ones...

#12 ·
Wet sanding may work on that bumper since it's not a chrome bumper. If you end up with a stainless steel bumper instead you will need the OME HD Suspension set up.

#13 ·
Ok cool. I may give it a whirl. I saw some bumper covers on ebay fairly cheap. Maybe i could just buy one of those, paint it and then just go over the black?

I think some of those partial mirror covers would help too.

I'll see what we can i can figure out.
Thanks!
-Flashy

#14 ·
I'm not all that sure with the bumper covers, I've never dealt with them. Mirror covers would look great also! Sand up that chrome Toyota logo on the grille and do it in white also, I did mine in black to colormatch the truck and I can tell it looks a lot better than chrome.

#15 ·
Or you can easily sell it to someone or trade for chrome. I know a lot of Tundra owners that would do that in a heartbeat.

#16 ·
I've been looking around on the net and it seems like it's hard to match the superwhite on this joker. Who woulda thunk it :eek:

I'll look around to see if anyone would be interested in my bumper. I'll let you guys know what i figure out.

Thanks for all the advice so far!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.