Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

First time caller, first time owning a Toyota

814 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  gpend5.7sport 
#1 ·
Hello everybody. I just purchased my first Toyota. It is a 2010 4x4 Crew Max with the 5.7. It was a sad but joyous occasion. Sad because I had to say goodby to an old friend. I had to get rid of my 96 Chevy Silverado 4x4. I bought her brand new in 95, and she was like an old faithful dog to me. If it hadn't been a day cab I may have still had her, but the wife is going to want some kids in a few years so we bit the bullet while we could.
Now, to the joyous part. I freaking love this Tundra as much as my old Chevy. It is a joy to drive. Power to burn, cavernous space, good looks. It has the towing package on it, and these mirrors that are as huge as pumpkins. The mirrors rock. On a down note, what is up with highway tires on a 4x4? I'll never understand that. They are brand new though so I'll run them until they are bald. I plan on adding a few bolt ons but nothing to major. Anyway I'm looking forward to reading up on Tundras and improving what I already have. Thanks in advance. I'll hang up and listen.

#2 ·
they do the street tires to keep costs down, you will be able to get better at's for a lot lower than what they would have wanted to charge you for a lower performing one. imo, run those tires till they are dead and upgrade to some terra grapplers, great overall tire for offroad and highway driving. welcome from Houston bro, happy you came to the dark side

#5 ·
welcome from Spokane WA, at least they will give you a nice ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.