Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New member, new owner

625 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Marky Mark 
#1 · (Edited)
I have followed this forum for awhile, and after researching many different trucks, I decided to get a Tundra.

I purchased a very nice used 2007 Tundra 4X4 yesterday. It has 40K on the odometer. 5.7L, 4X4, TRD Offroad package, nice aftermarket exhaust, AFE Stage 2 cold air intake, RevTek 2.5"/1.5" leveling kit , Air Lift airbags in the rear.

I traded my 2008 Jeep Liberty in for it. So far loving it.

I did notice two issues with the Tundra though, during the test drive. First, there is a loud bearing noise coming from the rear diff that increases and decreases with speed. It is very noticeable. No clunking or knocking, just a steady noise that sounds like bearing failure. I have rebuilt many Dana diffs for the same noise, and it was always the carrier bearings making the noise.

Secondly, it seems to have a very harsh 2-1 downshift. Coming to a stop, it will sometimes slam into first gear.

I made sure that the vehicle still had powertrain warranty left on it before I purchased it. I set up an appt. at my local Toyota dealer to have the issues addressed. I know that there is a TSB for rear axle bearing noise, and one that has to do with harsh shifting/trans slipping. Hopefully they will get it taken care of for me.

I looked at Fords, Dodges, and Toyota trucks and was most impressed with the Tundra.

Here is a pic of my "new" Tundra:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! Nice looking truck with some nice add ons.

Hopefully the stealership gets you all patched up with little or no drama.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.