Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New to the forum...In the market for a TUNDRA :)

766 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Trekken 
#1 ·
Im currently selling my wranglers, yes plural haha and will be in the market for a new or slightly used 5.7 liter tundra

i am picky about my rides, but i do have a silly question:

why in some tundras are the shifter in the center console and others its attached to the steering column?

Thanks and hellllllooooooo everyone! Expect much more from me as soon as i pick up my truck :) i am addicted to forums, i belong to a jeep forum, G35 foum, subaru and honda (motorcycle)

#2 ·
the shifter on the column is the grade package, which is also the entry level package. Once you go to SR5 and up you get the floor shifter.

#7 ·
I don't need 6 people lol, test drove a 2011 black 5.7 TRD with floor shifter, loved it. It had the black n beige two toned interior. They want 33,500 for it. Brand efin new :)

#9 ·
With 0% APR right now for a new one, and the fact that most dealers will sell a 2011 for less than invoice, it's a no brainer to get a new one. It actually cost me less money to buy a new one than it would have to buy a 2008 if you factor in the interest.

0% APR is free money. Take any down payment you were going to do and pay off any other loans you have that you are paying interest on.

#10 · (Edited)
A bench seat will always get the collumn shifter and seats 3 across like the old chevy has, bucket seats will always get the floor shift and seats 2 in large spacious comfy seats. Opt for the SR5 power bucket seats. Huge storage areas with the buckets great for travel. I would trade in your other rigs and it just drops the amount owed on a new one. with 0% finance your set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.