Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2010 Tundra TRD-Off Road Truck Riding Rough

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  OkSlim 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me with making my 2010 TRD Off-Road Truck ride a little smoother. I recently purchased my Tundra used from a local Toyota dealer and it has 19k miles on it. Whenever I test drove it I never took it on a bumpy nor did a take it on a highway. Going down an asphalt paved highway is fine but on a concrete highway with tttexpansion joints cut in it is another story. The truck is very jiggly - I have had a few complaints from passengers that my truck is making them sick. Right before I bought the truck the dealer put these New cheap NEXEN SUV Tires on it. I tried lowering the tire pressure as low as I could with the side walls almost squatting to the ground and it seemed to help a little. I have had a few people tell me that Michelin Tires should solve my problem. I thought I would post this thread before making the investment into these Michelin Tires to see if anyone has any other suggestions.. Can I do anything to the suspension to make a smoother ride?

Also, I am considering putting 20" rims and tires on. Can I still get a smooth ride with a good 20" Tire? If so, any reccommondations on Brand and size..

#3 ·
Does it seem like the whole truck bounces? Especially at a certain speed or the fast lane. Do you happen to live in SCAL?

#4 ·
I live in Monterey. I usually notice it when I am going over speed bumps with my wife in the truck. They have them at the stop signs where you turn in/out of the neighborhood. I don't notice it on the highway, it just depends on how rough it is. Tires may help the ride, try researching that tire model and look at reviews. Bottom line is the shocks and such are made for offroad and towing, they don't have tons of give.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#12 ·
Give me your old shocks when you replace them.

:D

#8 ·
There should be plenty of people with their factory shock/strut setups after lifting. Put the word out, it should really make the ride more enjoyable . Best of luck to you!

#10 ·
Check your tires PSI or any loose items underneath in the suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.