Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New (super white)Rock Warrior in the Northwest

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Powertechn2 
#1 · (Edited)
hi
I just bought my 2011 Tundra R/W today. I test drove it with 8 miles on it and signed the papers at 13 miles.
I have been shopping for the past 2 months for a tundra, was thinking of going the certified pre-owned route, then the private party sale. The stars sort of aligned and I was able to buy new and my preferred dealer had this truck sitting on their lot. From what I gather this truck was built March 2011.
My plan it to keep it stock, and use it like a truck. I'm trying to put some miles on it this week to break it in.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
another Pic: The truck that I sold 3 days ago (I had it for 6 years ) was a 300HP Chev Silverado HD. This Tundra feels like its ready to Run! and I am being SUPER easy on it, these Tundras are awesome trucks.

Attachments

#3 ·
if you plan on using it as a truck, and dont like cleaning the rw wheels, you can remove the rings from the wheels, makes it wayyyyy easier to clean

and welcome

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum from Western Ky. You can look on the black sticker inside the door gam on the driver side. At the top will be a date, and that is the build date. Mine was made in May of 2010. I bought it in August.

#8 ·
guys ,
thanks for the welcome, I checked the black tag on the door jam, My build date is 6/11. They sure get the trucks to the consumers quickly! I have 250 miles on my truck now. I have not filled the tank yet, so the MPG is looking great compared to my silverado (gas hog).
We did a trip to the Columbia Gorge yesterday, nice country roads with hills, some freeway and put on 100 easy miles for break in.

Attachments

#9 ·
Welcome to TT from Southern Indiana! Great looking RW. Remove that tape between the doors so it's white like others said. Makes a big difference, looks better too!

#10 ·
although if you leave the tape, and tint the fronts it looks like just a huge ass window with no breaks between the doors.

#12 ·
Nice, these trucks are amazing. I went mudding (Big ass paddle of mud)with original tires and I never got stocked.
If you're planning to keep it stock, it will not devalue as one that has accessories that aren't OEM.

#14 ·
Axy,
You think it devalues the truck? I think it depends on what you do to it, who you are selling it to, and how well you take care of it.

Anyway, the stock rw rims stink if you go in mud of any depth. It collects behind the fake beadlock and then i throws the wheel out of balance when you hit the road. Not very user friendly.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#15 ·
good to know about the wheels and other things........

I have some goodies coming in the mail this week:

---the MPG buttons have been ordered--
---Deck Rail system (thanks to this site I did not over pay at the dealer and just ordered it online)
---Under seat storage box

Also going to do the Line-X this week if I can find the time, not sure how long they will need the truck for....

#16 ·
I agree with Axy, anytime you remove oem to add a/m it devalues truck. Debadging also devalues the truck, you just paid about $3200 for the badging, rims, tires, shocks, and skids. Welcome from Spokane, Nice truck. You might look into a drop in liner-they are 200 or so and do not allow you to dent the bed while throwing stuff in. I custom drilled mine. Its full height vs the cut down one for bed rails. So I have bed rails and the full height bed liner.

#17 ·
interesting.....one interesting thing about the R/W that I sort of just noticed is that it does not say '4x4' and 'TUNDRA' on the tailgate or the doors.

I know the bedliner/spray-in liner has miles of threads elsewhere but I to like the drop-in bedliners that I have had in the past, because you CAN pretty much throw stuff in there without damaging or denting anything.

#18 ·
I like the drop ins as they are molded to seperate the truck bed into sections and heavy items slide in and out. I also like the spray in liners but stuff does not slide well.

Attachments

#19 ·
i have an oem drop in, and its full height, the rails hold it in, or at least i know the front one does, didnt pay attention to the sides.

and badges can always be stuck back on, the bl ( fake) rings come off really easy on the rw wheels if you plan on mudding in thick ish too.

and yes, part of the rw package is unbadged, and color matched.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.