Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New 07 DC Tundra Owner Here

783 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  TT07 
#1 ·
Hey Guys
I just got a 2007 Toyota Tundra 2wd Double Cab SR5. With TRD Package. It has a towing package also. This truck has a few miles on it 116k to be exact. I have always had Chevrolets hope I didnt make a bad decision switching to a TT

#3 ·
Thanks Mark
Im from North East Alabama. Anybody got any advice for a new Tundra owner. BTW I think (not sure) the truck has a small exhaust leak. Just my luck, Didnt hear it while I was test driving it. anyway, I read how expensive it was to fix, so I guess I will be saving my money to fix it first, before I do any mods. Found out the truck gets better gas mileage using premium gas. Any more advice would be helpful
Thanks
Drew

#4 ·
Hey Guys
Well, I found out I have a drivers side exhaust manifold leak, the manifold is cracked. The dealership I traded at, (which happens to be a chevy dealer) is going to put on the manifold for me free of charge, and give me a vehicle to drive around while its in the shop. Bad news is I have to buy the manifold. Do you think there would be anything wrong with buying one from a junk yard, I found one for $80.00, thats better than $500.00 from Toyota. Anyway, Other than that I am LOVING my truck.
Thanks
Drew

#5 ·
Traded it off for a Chevrolet

Well, on top of the manifold leak, I had a tranny seal leaking. So, instead of shelling out all that money to fix it, and risk something else going wrong. I traded for a 2011 Chevrolet Z71 2wd with the 5.3. Oh well tried the Toyota, and didnt work out. Hope others have better luck than me
Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.