What were you grateful for this Thanksgiving? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool What were you grateful for this Thanksgiving?

Heyo, my name's Donald,

Over here in SE Washington. I just got my 2nd Tundra this week, got my first earlier this year but decided to upgrade from an SR5 ('15) to a Platinum ('15).

I like to shoot, fish, and mess around outdoors. During the cold months I spend more time gaming and I'm a big reader. I have 5 kids, a wife of almost 11 years (Dec 1st), 3 dogs, 2 chickens, 2 guinea pigs, and about 25 aquariums (changes almost daily based on breeding and quarantine).

My Thanksgiving gratitude at the table tonight was for peace & quiet. I'm enjoying some now as the older kids play Mario Kart on the Switch in the living room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 10:49 AM

Thanked 6,335 Times in 3,770 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Garage

All of that and more ~ a comfortable retirement, too.

post-what-are-you-thankful-for-thanksgiving-contest1.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words
But your smile is worth a million
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I cannot think of a thing I知 not thankful for. Little back ground. My wife is a State Farm agent, 3 years ago a client that she had 12 years ago called her up on a Saturday asking her if she would watch his daughter for a short time well here we are 3 years later and we have full custody of this little girl and she calls us her parents. She came to us at 4 and obviously she is 7 now. My wife and I have raised our son and we are at 50 now. We have zero problems raising this precious little girl and I am not complaining at all.
Before she fell into our lives we were traveling and enjoying life. We have not gone on any vacation together since she arrived until yesterday, my wife and I decided to forgo the turkey dinner and jump in the truck drive 750 miles to Winnemucca Nevada so we could introduce this precious princess to my wife痴 family and most of all grand parents that are 98 years old.
I had a lot of time to think about this driving yesterday and to sum up what I知 thankful for is the fact that we are alive and that no matter if you sat down with family or just thought about life in general the fact you are alive and able to pass along love and life is special. I cherish this life and that my wife and I are able to give at least one person that we (HAD) zero attachment to something to look forward to for the rest of her life. I call her my daughter and there is nothing that will ever change that, my wife is the most giving beautiful person in the world.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trpl7 For This Useful Post:
ACDan (11-23-2018), charlier (11-30-2018), Dragos28 (11-23-2018)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 36,382 Times in 17,984 Posts
Mentioned: 1582 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11529 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trpl7 View Post
I cannot think of a thing I知 not thankful for. Little back ground. My wife is a State Farm agent, 3 years ago a client that she had 12 years ago called her up on a Saturday asking her if she would watch his daughter for a short time well here we are 3 years later and we have full custody of this little girl and she calls us her parents. She came to us at 4 and obviously she is 7 now. My wife and I have raised our son and we are at 50 now. We have zero problems raising this precious little girl and I am not complaining at all.
Before she fell into our lives we were traveling and enjoying life. We have not gone on any vacation together since she arrived until yesterday, my wife and I decided to forgo the turkey dinner and jump in the truck drive 750 miles to Winnemucca Nevada so we could introduce this precious princess to my wife痴 family and most of all grand parents that are 98 years old.
I had a lot of time to think about this driving yesterday and to sum up what I知 thankful for is the fact that we are alive and that no matter if you sat down with family or just thought about life in general the fact you are alive and able to pass along love and life is special. I cherish this life and that my wife and I are able to give at least one person that we (HAD) zero attachment to something to look forward to for the rest of her life. I call her my daughter and there is nothing that will ever change that, my wife is the most giving beautiful person in the world.

That's beautiful man. God bless you guys for taking that little girl and giving her a home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trpl7 View Post
This is amazing to hear. My wife was adopted from a 16yo mother and 17yo father. I'm so glad they chose an option where another loving couple, like you two, could be there. We don't always know what our callings are in life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Member Area > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in