Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

TUNDRA CREW MAX mileage

569 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  200K+ 
#1 ·
Hi, New guy here, looking to buy a used Tundra crew max, looking at a 2008 model with 168,000 miles, 5.7, 6spd for $12,000 with 6 month, 6000 mile warranty - is this too many miles
To be considered reliable? Are there any problem areas to look for? Thanks for your inputs!

#2 ·
I don't think it's too many.

My first Tundra had 175K miles and I was looking forward to another 175K when it was totaled in a deer strike.

My replacement Tundra is just getting broke in at 45K.

The wife's 2008 Highlander has over 205K right now. I was prodding her to think about replacing it because she spends a lot of time on the road. She doesn't want to get a new one, so we agreed to reconsider when it hits 300K. Even the tires have nearly 90K on 'em, and I'll replace them before next winter.

Of course, my testimonials to Toyota longevity don't relieve you of the need to conduct your due diligence on this specific vehicle. Still check it over. Look for corrosion issues, especially under the truck. Look over service records (if any). Carfax is a good idea. Evaluation by an independent shop would also be good.

OBTW: Head on over to the new member forum and post over there. You won't be able to participate further on the forum unless you do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.