Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New to the Tundra but not Toyota and need advice

254 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mhealy19 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting a 2004-2006 Tundra, what things do I need to look for before buying? Are there any common problem areas that I should be aware of, the only common issue I've seen with my Tacoma is the leaf springs are weak? Most of the ones I've looked at locally have between 130,000-175,000 miles. I've been a life long Toyota Tacoma driver since 1999 but my old girl is getting up there in miles (412,000 miles) and I am in need of something a little larger. Other than routine maintenance oil and fluid changes, tires and brakes I've had minimal issues ( less than $1,000 in total repairs). Also what kind of life expectancy (mileage) should I expect with a good running Tundra and yearly maintenance costs? Currently with my Tacoma I'm running around $200 a year ($1000 per 100,000 miles) for all maintenance and repairs. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.