Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

new Tundra owner

923 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Trevor41 
#1 ·
Hello, I picked up a mint 2006 Tundra Double cab Monday night and I love it. TRD 4x4 SR5 and I could not be happier. Only has 36,000 kms on it. Traded my lame Ford Exploder for it. Great site I have already found lots of great info.

#7 ·
Thks for the welcomes. Only question I have so far on the 06 is did they fire the design guy that forgot to illuminate the various switches? For example pwr windows, moonroof, cruise, etc. The Eddie Bauer Explorer had it beat in this dept........but that is the only spot it beats it. I even get better mileage so far than the Exploder.

#13 ·
I am a new member from Newfoundland, Canada who may replace my truck with a new Tundra. Has anyone heard if there will be fuel consumption improvements with the 2015 Tundra? Just went to put my summer tires on my truck and noticed severe cracking in the side walls. Has anyone here had any issues with Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires? These tires has less than 30,000km and are ruined. Fortunate to discover this before putting them on my truck. If I didn't, I could of had a serious blowout.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.