Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

New Tundra in NY!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ramoine 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just picked up a 2008 CrewMax 5.7. I am new to the truck world with my previous vehicle being a 4Runner. I bought the truck to tow the family camper with since the whell base on the 4Runner to short. I am very please with the truck so far and can't wait to tow with it!!!!

A couple of things I need/want to do to the truck in the very near future are nerf bars/bedliner/bed cover. I have started my research on these but am overwhelmed by the amount of options out there. Anyone have any good ideas?? Here is what I am looking for and why.

Nerf Bars: I have a five and seven year old kids. A little tough to climb all the way up into the truck. I know I want the tube style in stainless steel chrome covered. Best/Worst to look for???????

Bedliner: I was first thinking of going with the standard plastic form fitting cheap drop in but am having second doubts. I will carry my snowmobile in the bak end from time to time and was concerned about getting the bed sprayed because the carbides would chew the liner up. That was the main reason I was looking at the cheap plactic ones. Other than that I would like to have a liner where things don't slip around. So I think I may just have a piece of plywood ready for when I do haul the sled and then have a slip resistant liner for everyday use. Any thoughts and cost effect way???

Bed Cover: ????? Hard top that locks that is fairly inexpensive so too speak and can easily be removed with two people when I want to haul the sled or 4 wheeler. I am at a lose for this so any suggestions would help.

So with all this said and typed out I think I probably should have posted this topic in a different forum. I will put it in a different place but will leave it here to see if I get any responses.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

Pete

See less See more
#2 ·
well the nerf bars if you want chrome plated stainless go with the westins I think that is what I am going with also been looking at the deluxe aries oval tube they are only polished though not chrome plated.what part of ny you from?pm me if you dont feel comfortable in public I can give you a couple web sites I have been checking out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.