LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
HP Tuners Introduction

Hello Everyone,

I am part of the Marketing team at HP Tuners. We are constantly working on expanding our support and have recently added the Toyota Tundra to our supported vehicle list!

For those of you that have not heard of HP Tuners we provide vehicle calibration solutions for the professional tuner, and for the hobbyist that is learning how to tune on their own.
If you are interested in learning more about our MPVI2 interface and VCM Suite 4 software, please visit our website - https://www.hptuners.com/
You can also feel free so send me a pm on here with any questions or concerns, and I will do my best to keep an eye out for posts related to our product.

Thank You!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum.

When I was doing the LS thing I used your tuner sweet on my camaro. You guys supply a great product. It's great to see you have expanded your vehicle coverage.

2018 Tunda SR5 w/TRD Package
The Following User Says Thank You to thearborbarber For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (10-26-2018)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
Welcome to the forum.

When I was doing the LS thing I used your tuner sweet on my camaro. You guys supply a great product. It's great to see you have expanded your vehicle coverage.
Thank you, hope to continue expanding our support!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Welcome on board. I have purchased the MPVI2 with 4 credits few months ago and I was able to download the file from the ECM. I would love to learn the things so I wonder if you guys have training materials for toyotas specifically for tundras?

Flex Fuel 2016 | Edition 1794 CM | TRD CAI | Valve body Mod | LT ARH | | 20" Method Roost wheels

2012 rcsb | TRD SC | 18" 41 series Procomp wheels| Valve body Mod | JBA Long tube headers | Airaid CAI | 2/4" SOSperformance LK | Caltracs TB
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskydude View Post
Welcome on board. I have purchased the MPVI2 with 4 credits few months ago and I was able to download the file from the ECM. I would love to learn the things so I wonder if you guys have training materials for toyotas specifically for tundras?
Hello, we do not have our own training material yet but hopefully we will be able to create something like this in the future.

There are a couple of different training companies that use HP Tuners, but I am not sure if any of them have Toyota specific material yet since it is still fairly new support on our platform.

The alternative is doing some exploring on our own personal forum. There are a lot of customers that are new to tuning and start with our software. Our forum is a good place to talk with other beginners and look through some of the threads directed at getting started and what to do first.

https://forum.hptuners.com/

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Garage
Hmmm....I'm not to clear on the info from your website. I have a few questions....

MPVI2 pro with the 6 credits needed to license my truck is $850 bucks?

I've been on the forum and did not see much info.

Chris said that the PCM cannot be read that it's a "virtual read". Does this infer that I download and modify an OEM tune from the site and that I do not have the ability to read and adjust the tune in the truck with all of the relearn info in it??

Can the Pro do logging on our trucks??

Can you get Chris or someone to break down how this works for us? It seems like a crap shoot if your attempting to modify the basic OEM without any learn info from the pcm.

2016 Tundra Limited Premium TRD Off Road 4x4
2016 Tundra 1794 Edition 4x4

(No AFM, No MDS, and NO Eco-Boost! Only Real V8 Trucks sit in my Driveway!)

The Following User Says Thank You to Whitebuffalo For This Useful Post:
HPTuners (02-04-2019)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebuffalo View Post
Hmmm....I'm not to clear on the info from your website. I have a few questions....

MPVI2 pro with the 6 credits needed to license my truck is $850 bucks?

I've been on the forum and did not see much info.

Chris said that the PCM cannot be read that it's a "virtual read". Does this infer that I download and modify an OEM tune from the site and that I do not have the ability to read and adjust the tune in the truck with all of the relearn info in it??

Can the Pro do logging on our trucks??

Can you get Chris or someone to break down how this works for us? It seems like a crap shoot if your attempting to modify the basic OEM without any learn info from the pcm.

Yes the MPVI2 w/ Pro Feature Set is $549 and 6 credits would be an additional $300
With the MPVI2 you will also get our VCM Suite software, this will include VCM Scanner which will let you data log.

When you read the vehicle you will get a generated stock file, this will give you a starting point. Once you edit the file you will save it so that you have it for future adjustments. You will not be able to read that tuned file back out of your vehicle.

I'm not really sure what type of relearn info you are asking about, could you elaborate on that?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 12:21 PM

Garage
If I'm not mistaken, the computer tracks sensors and driving styles and then makes adjustments to the tune based on the conditions it has measured. Correct?

I guess the "stock file" is the file with the current "learned info" on it. I was under the impression from the HPtuners forum that the PCM couldn't be read and Chris used the statement that it was a "virtual read". Maybe, I'm mistaken....

If the PCM couldn't be read then I didn't understand how we could data log....

I always wanted to try my hand at HPtuners or EFIlive however, the pricing seems a bit to steep for my wallet. ($850)

I sure don't see much activity on your forum except for mechanics tuning up blowers for folks. Any promo or sales codes in the future?

Last edited by Whitebuffalo; 02-05-2019 at 01:57 PM. Reason: update after reading
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebuffalo View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the computer tracks sensors and driving styles and then makes adjustments to the tune based on the conditions it has measured. Correct?

I guess the "stock file" is the file with the current "learned info" on it. I was under the impression from the HPtuners forum that the PCM couldn't be read and Chris used the statement that it was a "virtual read". Maybe, I'm mistaken....

If the PCM couldn't be read then I didn't understand how we could data log....

I always wanted to try my hand at HPtuners or EFIlive however, the pricing seems a bit to steep for my wallet. ($850)

I sure don't see much activity on your forum except for mechanics tuning up blowers for folks. Any promo or sales codes in the future?
It is a virtual read as it generates a file instead of pulling the file from the car. The type of learning and adjustments that are made automatically may change slightly based on driving habits however this does not change the actual tune.

The data logging information does come straight from the PCM and is a different process than the read you would be doing before tuning the car.

We don't really do promos/sales, the coupon section on our website is used for internal use and for giveaways for events we attend. If the 850 price point is a bit high for you but you are looking to get started, you could just start with an MPVI2 interface ($299). This will let you play around in the software and datalog at no additional cost. Once you are ready to get a bit more advanced you can look into purchasing the Pro Feature Set (so that you can hook up an analog wideband), and you can even hold off on purchasing credits until you are at the final step of writing a file to the car.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:31 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPTuners View Post
If the 850 price point is a bit high for you but you are looking to get started, you could just start with an MPVI2 interface ($299). This will let you play around in the software and datalog at no additional cost. Once you are ready to get a bit more advanced you can look into purchasing the Pro Feature Set (so that you can hook up an analog wideband), and you can even hold off on purchasing credits until you are at the final step of writing a file to the car.
That would just be too much of a tease. I would think you would sell the tuner with at least enough credits for one vehicle.....

Don't the Tundras already have a wideband? I thought I read that on your forum....

Anyways, the $$/HP ratio is just too high for me right now.

Thanks for the information though.

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
You're welcome

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Vendors > HP Tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in