Cement Owners - How is this color for dirt and scratches? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cement Owners - How is this color for dirt and scratches?

Looking to get a new Tundra and Im having a tough time deciding on a color. White and Silver are out bc I just don't care for them. I know Black is a PITA to keep looking great for any amount of time and it shows every little imperfection (Though it looks GREAT when freshly cleaned and before any scratches).
I love the MGM color, but I would imagine it too only looks good when clean and scratch free (like most of the darker colors).

Quicksand looks like it is probably the best at hiding dirt, dust and scratches from offroading (bushes and stuff), but I'm not a huge fan of this color.

What about CEMENT? I'm thinking it is light enough to not show scratches, dark enough to hide some dirt. What are your thoughts on Cement? How is it w/ swirls, scratches and dirt/dust? I know is is a relatively new color, but how does it hold up?

Last edited by DividedSky; 09-28-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I know mine was quite dusty driving out to the plant one day, everything chrome and black was dirty. The cement color showed hardly nothing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Good to know. How is it with scratches n stuff? I plan to use the truck to get to remote camp spots etc. and there are always sections that are overgrown and the small sticks put in some surface scratches.

I've had an '04 for 14yrs now and I wash it about once a year now. It's the standard grey metalic that everyone got back then. Great w/ dirt, but scratches certainly show. It's the old equivalent of MGM I would say...

Love MGM when shiny and new but:
-Everyone has that color. There are three in my garage at work already. 1 Pro and two blacked our SR5s. I don't want the "same ol truck".
-Im not the best at keeping up on washes/waxing etc.
-Plan on offroading
-Plan on keeping it a LONG time.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Hard to say, I just bought the truck last week and went in for dechrome on the 2 day of ownership. Any color will be good with swirl marks with proper washing/waxing methods. As far as the limbs and sticks...hey, it's a truck!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I live on a dirt road and my truck gets hammered with dust. Cement hides the dust nicely. Cement color is awesome!!

2017 TRD Pro DC Cement
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 09:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I detailed my Cement Crewmax last weekend and it had some minor scratches/swirls complimentary of the dealer. The paint polishing out very nice and surprisingly took somewhat heavier correction to remove the light micro-marring. I thought a medium polish would due the trick but ended up using a compound followed by a finishing polish. With that said, the clear coat is a good hardness to it and will take more to scratch but obviously harder to buff out if it does get swirled.

There is actually a light metallic flake in the cement paint and this helps hide defects as well. The color overall does not show dirt as much and looks great shined up.

I wouldn't recommend super white as I had one before and was not a fan of the paint.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Detailing Tips and Tricks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in