Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2019 Tundra Plantinum Text Messaging

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Aaron713 
#1 ·
Having issues getting a Iphone Xs Max's to work with HU Messaging on 2019 Tundra Platinum. Nothing will display although all other bluetooth functions work. Dealer set up initially for me and then we set it up a set time today. All tehy could tell me was they would check with person who trained them. Not very promising. We tried my Wifes phone and it does the exact same thing.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Plug in to any USB except the one for media.
Connect phone as player and phone using bluetooth.
Hold the steering wheel "phone pick up" button to get Siri to ask what you want.
I get her to do normal Siri stuff with normal commands, like:

"read that text" when one comes in. She reads it, then asks if i'd like to reply. I say yes, then tell her what to say.
"text Doug" she asks "what would you like to tell Doug?" then reads it back and offers to send it now
"Take me home"
"how long until i get to Las vegas"
"call Olivia"
"stop navigation"

She generally won't close any apps (but opens some) and she won't search the internet for trivia answers when connected to the truck. She'll be interrupted by the backup cam so don't go to reverse if she's not done with your last request. If you open Pandora or Waze or whatever it will play through bluetooth. If you're listening to FM, all the waze or apple maps navi stuff from phone apps still talks even though you aren't specifically set to the bluetooth source.

All that Entune crap is horrible, but you don't have to use any of it. Let your phone virtual assistant do it all through bluetooth instead. Just don't be connected in the one media usb connector and you'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.