TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Powered up!
Thread: Powered up!
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Chad D.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Powered up!

Ok. My actual battery setup. Tight fit, but it all crams in there. 65A/hr per.

And, a couple photos of the fridge and slider tray. The lid juuusssst clears the canopy door hinge without pulling out the Bedslide. The cord could be about two inches shorter, but thatís about it. It is long enough to accommodate the full articulation, but not by a lot!!!

Iím pretty happy with how it all came together, and itíll be nice to be able to venture out for a trip without worrying about ice. Living out of town, itíll also be handy for keeping groceries cold on the way home.

This particular unit is a single chamber that can be a fridge or freezer. Goes down to -8į. I nearly did the dual chamber that has two separate thermostats. Two fridge, two freezer, or one of each. It wasnít too much more money, but double the power consumption. Iíd likely need a bigger auxiliary battery, solar, or both and I didnít want to go that far. A fella at work has this same one and has beat the crap out of it for two years now with fantastic reviews.

The insulated blanket served two purposes. Insulation to reduce cycle times and frequency. It also keeps the fridge from getting dinged up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chad D.; 04-21-2019 at 06:21 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad D. For This Useful Post:
Mr. Cade (04-27-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome