TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:55 AM
OldGuy43

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian20 View Post
Iíve also used 303 on interior and exterior trim with no white residue buildup. Been using it for years on the same vehicles. I like 303 because it things donít look like they have been bathed in oil...just a nice matte sheen that looks great. Havenít found anything that compares.
Based on your and @OkSlim 's experience, I conclude that frequent reapplication removes or "washes off" the previous film before it has a chance to degrade into the white film I observed. In other words, Aerospace Protectant is likely soluble in itself, and on re-application, re-liquifies any residual ingredients and adds fresh petroleum base, keeping it constantly fresh.

I made only one application to a new vehicle, and after years of inattention and no further detailing, a white film gradually formed. Removal required vigorous rubbing, as I recall with 50/50 alcohol in water solution. This method wasn't efficient; the white film was still resilient and "rolled" up into tiny balls before being wiped off. I didn't try simply reapplying the AP. I might have been a little panicked and just trying to restore the new look to my vinyl and rubber. When I saw the process was working, I just plowed ahead until the task was done. The new look WAS still there, apparently untouched by ten years of UV and ozone.

I absolutely endorse the product, but continuing maintenance will be required, as should be expected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 SR5 DC TSS 4.6L 2WD Magnetic Gray Metallic/Charcoal Gray
* Undercover Flex tonneau cover
* Coverking neoprene seat covers
* Auto headlight conversion
* Power tail gate lock
* Toyota weather mats

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome