TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Ceramic pro

Thread: Ceramic pro
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2018, 09:36 AM
1prerun

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have detailed part time for over 10 years and dabbled with quite a few different coatings. I actually have the ceramic pro UK version in the garage and was debating putting in on my new 18' Crewmax but won't be able to until summer because water cannot touch the paint for 24 hours and I don't have a garage to park in overnight (every night we get a good mist/dew)

The paint does need to leveled and prepped correctly. In addition it is somewhat tricky to apply depending on the paint type, weather temp and lighting. I recommend only installing in a garage with good halogen lighting. I used the old CQuartz on my superwhite 08' DB and it left a few streaks that drove me crazy. Once I finally got around to polishing, I realized the stuff is pretty legit as it was not easy to remove and took some pretty serious compound/polishing to remove.

Regardless though, it's not bulletproof and although it does add some scratch resistance (to some paints more than others, yes every paint is different) you should care for the paint as you did before. This is just meant to give you a bit more of a buffer for error down the road, for bird bombs, help repel dirt, etc...

If you aren't confident doing a 1-2 step machine polish then I recommend using a professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1prerun For This Useful Post:
OldGuy43 (01-09-2018)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome