Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tell me I'm crazy

14K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  koditten 
#1 ·
Please let me know if I am crazy or not but I just bought a new TRD Pro in cement last week. I came from a 05 Silverado Z71, while driving it around this weekend I noticed that the Tundra did not feel as torque-ie as the Silverado. Even my friend said he noticed a difference between the two trucks. I looked at the numbers and the Tundra should feel like it has more torque but it didnt.
Tundra specs vs Silverado specs
381 hp @5600 rpm 295hp @ 5200 rpm
401 ft-lb @3600 rpm 335 ft-lbs @ 4000 rpm
5645lbs 5008 lbs

I know the Tundra still needs to be broken in I'm only at 450miles and I understand that the suspension between the two trucks are different but it just seems like there should be a noticeable in torque with my butt dyno.

#10 ·
You're crazy.

What gears does your Silverado have? Mods? I once owned a 2004 Silverado Z71 with a 5.3 and while it was a really good dependable truck, it was never a powerhouse. My 2008 V6 4runner could walk it pretty easy but that was OK because, after all it was a truck. I haven't lined them up yet but my TRDP feels much quicker than my 4runner at any speed and definitely feels more powerful than my Z71. I haven't even pushed the tow/haul button yet. I can't wait to hook up the trailer and see how that feels as well.

Reactions: ottsville
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.