TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Looking to upgrade stock door speakers
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Powertechn2

Thanked 10,708 Times in 5,784 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1656 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer394 View Post
That explains a lot more thanks for the detailed response definitely gonna look into doing that. The hu is already in and that's why I'm wanting to upgrade the speakers. Just the hu improved the stock speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem. I did my audio on a budget. It wasn't really a budget as people think, with a 900/5, and a 13tw5, Pioneer D series components etc... But it was still a budget build.

Things sometimes happen in steps. That is how my system evolved.

That amp vs the Jl was actually really good for the price. I had low expectations, and just wanted to keep my JL amp. But sq was actually really good too.

You already have outputs from the HU.

At this time I would say go with components. You can add the amp later. Will require a total re-wire. But, at least you will already have the components and won't waste money on coaxials then just end up tossing them or selling them for .30 on the dollar you spent.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome