TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Looking to upgrade stock door speakers
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 05:46 PM
Powertechn2

Thanked 10,710 Times in 5,785 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1658 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer394 View Post
Yes I meant components. So with just the hu no since in spending the money on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They will likely sound better than stock, but unless you plan on eventually installing an amp, I wouldn't go with components.

I have ran components off stock HU power, and they were better, but no where near how much better they sound with proper power going to them.

Most components need at least 20 watts rms to actually sound somewhat good. We probably have 7.

Edit: I read back and realized you are adding an aftermarket HU. You are in the borderline area. The 20 watts that that HU probably puts out will be enough to push components. Not to 100%, but should be enough to say that they are not a waste.

However, if you are utilizing the factory wiring to the fronts, the front dash gets the power first, and have basically a bass blocker in line. Then goes to the door.

I had to modify my harness at the dash to get full range.

You are only about $150-200 more to add an amp. I had an HD900/5, and took it out. However it ran to everything, so I had to put something in it's place for trade in. I bought a Pioneer amp off Amazon for about $80, 40x4 rms @ 4 ohm. I was actually thoroughly impressed for how cheap it was. No white noise, worked well.

I said $150-200 as you will need a set of 4 chan rca's, and power/ground kit. I think that amp only needed an 8ga cable. Had to modify ring terminals to re-use the 4ga Knuconceptz wire I had in the truck. Was too big to just fit.

Amp I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will say it won't win any contests, and it is large for the output, but was actually impressed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

Last edited by Powertechn2; 12-29-2016 at 05:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Powertechn2 For This Useful Post:
Manoah (12-29-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome