TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - TRD Pro hidden winch and mount

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Sav16CM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTundra View Post
I've been searching everywhere, and the SDHQ mount is the only one I've seen. I'm loving it and have read a lot of great feedback. They only "guarantee" the fit for the Zeon series, but it's said others will fit. The rationale behind the Zeon "certification" appears to be it's wireless feature (only available in the Platinum edition). Anything with a manual clutch will likely require additional bumper modification for access to the clutch switch. I'm planning to get the Zeon 12-S Platinum. You can buy the whole package directly from SDHQ, including their own wiring kit for relocating the control box...and, they sell a flip-up license plate holder that accommodates the mounting location of the fairlead. Smart solution IMHO.
I got one of the first SDHQ mounts when they came out. I have it paired with Zeon 12S and it's the bomb. Highly recommend. SDHQ is great to deal with and the mount is high quality. The mount has the standard bolt patterns - so others will work, but as stated previously access to clutch is issue behind the bumper. Wireless is probably best for this mount, but you could use some other winches if needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 1794 Edition 4x4 - BFG K02, Bilstein 6112/5160's rear / TRD Rear Sway Bar / TRD Front Skid Plate / BakFlip F1 / Headlight Revolution Stealth 32" Lightbar / Front window tint / ViaAir Constant Duty On Board Air / ARB Diff Breather / CB +2 Shackles / CB Front Shims / SDHQ Hidden Winch Bumper & Warn 12S Platinum Winch / Dual Battery with Solar Charging System.

MGMC#387
The Following User Says Thank You to Sav16CM For This Useful Post:
Spook46 (12-02-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome