TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Tundra Campers Club

View Single Post
post #976 of (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Gaslight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by equin View Post
Great photos, Gaslight, and thanks for the info. I've only been to a few state parks and have only camped at two of them - Tyler and Cleburne. Both were nice.

I've visited Palo Duro and loved it, but haven't camped there yet. I hear it's the second biggest canyon in the U.S. after the Grand Canyon, and having never been to the Grand Canyon, I was really impressed.

I like your hybrid camper. Would like to get a used pop up when my son gets older and do some semi-glamping with it. In the meantime, I hope to take him tent camping hopefully this coming Fall.

I've been to Ardmore and had fun jumping off their diving platform, but that was many years ago. Had not thought about OK camping til you mentioned it. Makes sense since it's relatively close to us here in N. TX.

Others on my to-do list are Davis Mountains, Balmorrhea and Big Bend State Parks. Too bad they're kind of far from us.
Some of our best camping trips were either out of a tent or in the back of a vehicle! The Roo is nice, but overkill for us on short trips (1-2 days).

We bought it after we had our youngest (twins), and with four boys it made sense (while they were little). We eventually will tent camp more when they age (hopefully backpack camp more too).

Of note, our second oldest was recovering from cancer at the time (liver cancer/transplant survivor, diagnosed when he was 2 years old), so it was critical to keep him in a "bubble" (due to immune-suppression).

We too want to check out Big Bend as well, but that is a haul from here!

Here is our typical set up without the kids (Mueller SP Colorado), in our Kelty TN 3-person

Kelty 3.jpg

Mueller SP Grouse Mtn Trail Overlook Pt.jpg

Gaslight \m/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bevo (2016 TRD CM 4x4 5.7L w/front bench)
N-Fab steps / Line-X / Weathertechs / TF 46gal Tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(
)

"The only time you have too much gas, is when you're on fire..."

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome