TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Ask the Guru - Detailing Questions

View Single Post
post #1836 of (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 07:13 PM
JOEGUAM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaj23 View Post
I was able to get 15% off and free shipping at Autogeek. Also, their prices seemed quite a bit lower for the items I was getting. For example:

8oz FG400 was $24 at Detailer's Domain and $18 at Autogeek.

8oz SF3500 was $25 at Detailer's Domain and $13 at Autogeek.

16oz Power Lock was $32 at Detailer's Domain and $24 at Autogeek.

16 x 16 Über Microfiber Towel was $6 at Detailer's Domain and 16 x 16 Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel was $5 at Autogeek.
The Uber micro fiber towel tend to leave more lint behind when wiping the truck off as compared to the Supreme. Take my word or experiment for yourself. Also go with the CCS pads it is better than the flats. Add CCS Gray Finishing Foam 4 Inch Pad as well. You have a good amount pad choices but I would go with getting twice as much pads to increase efficiency. In other words eventually your pads will become contaminated with paint and/particles that if you continue to buff without a clean pad you will do just as much damage to your paint vise correction. So if you get more pads you have more time to buff vise clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifted Tundra Club (LTC) Member #69

Pro Comp 6 Inch Stage II Lift Kit Front MX2.75 Coilovers and Pro Runner Shocks, Fuel Nutz two piece 20x12 with -44 mm offset, Toyo Tire 315x60X20, +3 Coachbuilder1 Shackles, LineX Bed Liner, Viper 5706V Alarm and Remote Start, Pioneer 4200
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOEGUAM For This Useful Post:
Dixon Cider (02-20-2016), Mr. Creosote (01-13-2016)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome