Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Leveled with 35's - post em here!

1M views 1K replies 473 participants last post by  Andrewtundra5.7 
#1 ·
I got my LRO kit waiting to be installed. I want to run 35's, but now I am debating if I should do 4" lift. Post your pics to help me decide! Thanks!

#939 ·
What shiggydiggy said. Mine is 18 mm offset and tires are just about flush with BW fender flares. That looks like 0 offset. I venture to guess that he had to chop the body mounts to fit those tires. Looks great.

Reactions: shiggydiggy
#949 ·
The less wheel spacer you run, the bigger tire you can run, so long as it clear the control arm. If you are looking for the biggest tire you can jam in there, I'd stick with maybe a 1" spacer and run 35s. You may have to do the body mount mod. If you want to play it a little more safe, go 295/60-20. They measure at nearly the same height as a 35x12.50 but without the width that causes rubbing issues.

#950 ·
I see a lot of the M/T's disccussions in 295/70/r18 but few mentions of the A/Ts in 295/70/r18.

Anyone familiar with the BOSS Kit from toytec? I believe its a 2.5-3"/1-1.5" with AAL.

I want to put on 295/70/r18 Toyo A/Ts on stock TRD 2014 CM wheels with NO spacers using that kit. What should i expect regarding fit/clearance?

Thanks everybody. First time doing something like this to a truck, but all your pics have got me addicted.

#951 ·
You should have no problems clearing those tires with that kit On stock wheels. That's a pretty sweet suspension setup. And the toyo at2s are an awesome tire. Look for the thread with the trd pro guys putting 295s on their otherwise stock trucks. They're pulling it off with no rubbing, you should have similar results.

#954 ·
Looking for help. Did the level and 35s on my 2011 but I sold it and bought a 2015 platinum. Is everything the same or is there new options, technology, specs, etc for 2015? Thanks in advance!

#955 ·
Basicly the same.

#957 ·
Dropping my 14' DC XSP-X off Thursday morning to get a 3/1 level and new wheels and tires. I told the shop owner I thought we should go with 295/60/20's because I don't think 35x12.50's will clear but he wants to see for his self so he is ordering both sizes so we will find out. I'm hoping the 35x12.50's clear with the +20mm fuel trophy wheels. If not I will just see how much cutting we need to did and just drop back to the 295's if I have too.

#964 ·
Are those the first gen terra grapplers?

What is your suspension set up?

How bad was the rubbing?

Saw this set up on a denali the other day and looked really good. Perfect looking set up you got!

#961 · (Edited)
22 x 9.5 Fuel Mavericks D537 Offset +25 with 285/55/r22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2

So I just got the truck back after a girl smacked my rear quarter coming in to hot in a parking lot. So I painted the rear bumper and ordered a new grill. Let me know what you guys think or have questions.

Ready Lift 3/2 - Removed Mud flap and had to do the fender liner mod.

Love the look of a MT tire but love the ride of the AT's

Attachments

#963 ·
Just went and saw my truck today. Installed a 3/1 level and Fuel Trophy 20x9 +20mm with Toyo 35/12.50-20 M/T's. Clears the control arm. Had to remove the front fender liners and plan to modify them to put them back in. They barely nick the body mount at full lock so I am going to go ahead and get that fixed and cut the skid plate a tad. I thought about backing down to a 295/60-20 but they are $40 more a tire and that 12.50 looks sweet so I will do the mods needed to keep them. The only bummer was I wanted the D551 wheels and they sent the D552's so I they are ordering the ones I want and swapping them out when they come in.

#967 ·
Finally got my truck back end of last week and have some pictures. I went with a Rough Country 3/2 Level and Fuel Trophy D551's 20X9 +20mm with Toyo M/T 35X12.50's. I had to remove the front fender liners and will have to do quite a bit of work with my dremel to modify them to go back in. They grinded down the lip on the body mount which is fine for highway use but when I drove it around my farm up and down some steep hills the tire knicks it so I am getting the body mount mod done tomorrow at a local fabrication shop. I do not feel any shifting issues or that the bigger tires have "slowed" the truck down much. I'm very pleased and finally feel it looks like a truck should! In all honesty the level kit w/ install was cheap and I wanted to see how everything looked before I upgraded that. Now I can see I will be changing that to something more reliable in the very near future but for now I am pleased.

#974 ·
Finally got my truck back end of last week and have some pictures. I went with a Rough Country 3/2 Level and Fuel Trophy D551's 20X9 +20mm with Toyo M/T 35X12.50's. I had to remove the front fender liners and will have to do quite a bit of work with my dremel to modify them to go back in. They grinded down the lip on the body mount which is fine for highway use but when I drove it around my farm up and down some steep hills the tire knicks it so I am getting the body mount mod done tomorrow at a local fabrication shop. I do not feel any shifting issues or that the bigger tires have "slowed" the truck down much. I'm very pleased and finally feel it looks like a truck should! In all honesty the level kit w/ install was cheap and I wanted to see how everything looked before I upgraded that. Now I can see I will be changing that to something more reliable in the very near future but for now I am pleased.
Looks badass! My setup will be similar. Going with Fuel Nutz 20x9 +20 w/ Toyo RT 35x12.5. Those are .2" smaller in diameter than your MTs according to toyo. I'm prepared to to the body mount mod too.

#973 ·
18x9 Matte Black Anthem Defender w/ +18 offset
35X12.5X18 Tires
supreme suspension 3/1 lvl kit

#977 ·
There are a lot of posts to sort through from this thread. Is anyone running 35x12.50/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers with a 3/1 or 3/2 readylift? I'm ordering tires this weekend and really want to get those tires but am afraid of too much rubbing. I have the front mud flaps removed and the skid plate trimmed but I know these tires are a little wide. Nitto puts them at a 35.04x13.39 or something like that I think. I've had the trail grapplers in 295/70/18 on my old tundra and loved them so I definitely want this tire but if its going to cause too much rubbing then ill run a 295/60/20

Reactions: Manoah
#980 · (Edited)
Leveled with 35x12.5

Leveled with 3/1 readylift. Used stock rims with 35x12.5 Toyo AT2's but had to do a couple things...
1. remove all mud flaps
2. cut inner fender
3. trim the skidplate
4. add 1.25" wheel spacers.
5. added fender flares

Attachments

#982 ·
Just ordered Rough Country 3/1 Leveling Kit, about to order General Grabber 35" x 12.50 for the Stock R17 RW Wheels. My question is should I run any spacers or not? And if so how big could I run without any major fab issues? Im expecting to at least trim the skid plate. Probably not going to get any fender flares in the near future.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be great. Hopefully get this done in the next couple of weeks and throw some pics up!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.