18x9 BFD + Stock 275/65/18? Anyone got pictures? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
18x9 BFD + Stock 275/65/18? Anyone got pictures?

Hey all!

Eagerly waiting to pick up my new truck, and like every other guy on here, I'm pretty eager to start modding . It's a 2017 Quicksand w/ TRD Off-Road package.

I've read most of the tire threads, but I think I'd like to stick with the OEM Michelin AT2 LTX to save on on fuel mileage (and costs). I know its not much savings, but the truck will be driven on the highway 95% of the time.

Does anyone have any pictures they can share of the OEM 275/65 on some 18x9 BFDs? Or similar?

I've tried to picture it in my head, but I have my worries that the slightly stretched tire might make the tire look smaller than it already is.

Ideally on stock height.

For what its worth, anyone know what a set of 2017 TRD offroad wheels would sell for? What should I ask for the whole setup if I do list them?

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (111.8 KB, 117 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:33 PM
JFK

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Nice looking truck. I like that sand color a lot.

I'd honestly re-consider the stock tire size on those wheels. The 9" wide wheel will effectively stretch the 275/65, making it even shorter than it is on your stock wheels. Plus the +12 offset of the FN's with no lift might give you some fender well rubbing, and will look kinda funny without a taller more aggressive tire. So you'd be paying the price of wider offset with none of the benefits of larger tires (better ground clearance, looks, etc). If you are dead set on running the factory tires but want wider offset now I'd get some 1.25" spacers and run those on your trd wheels. +12 offset with no lift will likely rub though either way so you'll probably want to level it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 01:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I would sell factory tires if you can and go with a 285/65 if you're set on the height of the tire. Or if you're feeling spunky yet want to stay "economical", go with a 285/70

2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD - Blue Ribbon Metallic

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-14-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Hmm never thought of those points... Im the complete opposite when it comes to anything truck related. I know absolutely zero haha.

If I went complete opposite to my OP, would you guys recommend a 17x9? what size tire would work well?

I may as well do it all in one go if I do.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, if anyones interested... I went ahead and threw them onto the stock tires. Not too bad...

Before

Untitled by joeag., on Flickr

After

The Following User Says Thank You to joe-g For This Useful Post:
wasabi4 (03-19-2017)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
That looks really good actually. Any rubbing issues at all? Do you notice anything losing some weight from the wheels?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Agree. I think it looks better than stock plus you kept the same tires. Looks good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 MGM CM PLAT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Looks great man... 275 is actually ideal on a 9" wide wheel, no stretch at all. Not sure why anyone would post it does, you'd have to go out to a 10" to see any real "stretch" with that width tire. You won't have any rub at all either, not until going up to 285/65 or larger tires.

black out those bumpers and do a sand pro grille & bulge and that will look pretty mean.

I had FNs as well, nice wheels. if you have the oem wheels handy go ahead and throw them on a scale, I bet you're saving 4-5# over the oem at each corner with the FNs usually weighing around 21-22#.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
Looks great man... 275 is actually ideal on a 9" wide wheel, no stretch at all. Not sure why anyone would post it does, you'd have to go out to a 10" to see any real "stretch" with that width tire. You won't have any rub at all either, not until going up to 285/65 or larger tires.

black out those bumpers and do a sand pro grille & bulge and that will look pretty mean.

I had FNs as well, nice wheels. if you have the oem wheels handy go ahead and throw them on a scale, I bet you're saving 4-5# over the oem at each corner with the FNs usually weighing around 21-22#.
A 275 will stretch on an 18x9. I have a 33 that is now a 32 in height.

2013 DC 4.6, Flowmaster dual exhaust, Undercover bed cover, V-leds V3 Tritons in DRL, brake, and rear signals, V-leds in marker, reverse, and 3rd brake/cab, LED interior bulbs, LED strips in door pockets and footwells, Pioneer AVH-P3200 DVD head unit, Alpine Typr R 8" subs, Oracle dual color halos, Oracle power indicator, BHLM, Ultra Motorsports wheels (Drifter series), Steelcraft bull bar/step bars, 6K HID's & Fogs, front leveling kit, Switched backup camera, Vleds 6K LED strips in bed, G-Tek SABM, Clazzio black/gray leather seat covers, G-Tek Fab door sill protectors (on the way)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 03:19 PM

Garage
no it won't, I've seen plenty of 275 on 9" wide wheels... you get a nice squared look.

You have an example with pictures right here in this thread... that is not a "stretched" look at all.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

Last edited by theman; 03-29-2017 at 03:24 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2017, 03:22 PM

Garage
joe-g I'd hit that rear hub area with a wire wheel to clean off the rust... then spray it with some black primer and paint. Will really clean up the look of that wheel back there without getting caps.

>--- B I G L O A D ---<

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.