Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

My crewmax leveled with 35s on factory wheels, no trimming

24K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  3rdGen 
#1 ·
2014 Limited 4x4 Crewmax
Bilstein 5100s on all 4 corners max lift up front.
3 CB shims up front, 2 on left 1 on right
2" CB shackles with poly bushings in back
35x11.50r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on factory limited wheels +60mm offset

I removed the flaps in front of the front tires and thats it. No trimming the skid plate and no adjusting the front plastic. Looks like the back is lower but it's just the driveway. Truck sits perfectly level, if I had to do it over again, I would get the 3" shackles. I was worried about too much rake originally, so I went with the 2". I'll probably add a small block back there to bring it up just a bit.

The shop said it aligned beautifully and that they didnt have any problems with it. There is not much more than an 1/8" between the uca though.

Just thought I would post this and possibly help someone out, I spent hours looking for this setup and couldn't get a solid answer on if it would work.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Truck looks really good! Digging the setup!

#10 · (Edited)
I don't really know the answer to that, I dont know enough to say. But the shop I brought it to is pretty reputable. I asked how the alignment went because I know im getting close to the limits, and they said that it actually turned out great, they were surprised.

ETA: I just threw a level across the centercap. I know its not exact, but it was almost dead on. There seems to be a SLIGHT lean to the inside, but the bubble was still within the lines.

#11 ·
Dave - truck looks great. Appreciate you taking the time to research and then be the guinea pig when nothing turned up. Looking to do a similar set up to this on my Platinum, but I'm limited by garage height. Any way you can measure or estimate the overall height of the truck? I'm trying to stay under 82" and am thinking it might just been too much to run 35's.

#15 ·
i was able to park in my 82" garage no problem. front lift at 3.5", 2.5" in rear with bags @ 14psi. sunroof open still no issue. cant remember measurements sorry. tire size might make 1/2 difference.

Reactions: wakefisher
#13 ·
I'm out of town now, but I'll try to remember when I get back.

I have 2"CB shackles on the back and the rear fender well is 1/2" higher than the front. If I did it again, I would go 3".

I might be having some weird shifting because of the level. I tried to do the VSC reset but I didn't get any indication it worked.

If it isn't the VSC, I will look into new gears. I feel like I lost a lot of power. Not sure if it's the VSC freaking out or not.

#14 ·
Nice looking rig. I've been thinking about the 35x11 ridge grapplers myself. Any pics from straight on?

Your neighborhood looks like my old one Just south of Baton Rouge

#17 ·
Looks nice man, but I hate you and your setup. :(
I run 34's with wheelwell mods and I still occasionally rub in reverse.
Im betting its your offset thats the key. I run +18

#25 ·
I'm not DownSouthDave, but this is what I went with in my rear with 3" lift

Shocks/Coilovers-Toyota-Tundra-Shocks

Toyota (Click on part# for complete product info.) Note: Shock absorbers are sold individually
Application Year Lift Front Part# Front Quan Rear Part# Rear Quan Shopping Cart

Toyota Tundra 07-16 3" n/a n/a ZON7952 $39.95

Toyota Tundra 2WD/4WD 07-16 0-2" n/a n/a ZON7700 $39.95

#27 ·
Sorry, I haven't gotten any notifications about replies, haven't logged on in a while.

I think the backs are for up to 1" of lift. I'm sure CoachBuilder could tell you if you're good to go or now with his 3" shackle. I don't believe I have read anywhere that you would have a problem. That doesn't mean that you won't, i just never read that.

I love the ridge grapplers so far. They are really quiet on the highway, I don't notice them. Ride isn't as good as factory, but thats to be expected. They aren't bad though.

I was playing with the paperclip method and I got like 15.5mpg for a few days then it backed off. I'm currently at 13.5. I'm going to look into a techstream and see if I can reset it there and repeat my initial results.

Thanks for the compliments.

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.