Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Help me choose a tire size...

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 ·
I have a first gen. Toyota Tundra 2006 4x4 4-door with no lift or anything. It's standard tires are P265/65R17. My tires need replacing. I sometimes haul stuff (firewood, dirt, etc) and I'm tired of the mushy look so I want to upgraded to an LT tire. I drive mostly paved roads but also a fair amount of gravel roads near home. Also can get our share of snow/ice where I live in the winter. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting BFGoodrich All Terain T/A KO2's. Also looking at Hankook RF10. Both have the mountain/snow symbol. My main decision is to stick with the stock size and use LT265/65R17 (the KO2's seem to be one of the few LT's that offer that exact size). OR... move up just a bit and use LT265/70R17 (which is an inch higher so it would raise everything about 1/2"). What would you do and why? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Stepping up to an LT tire sounds like it would be a good choice for you, especially when hauling firewood and dirt. The LT tire will handle the loads better and give you more confidence when off roading. The BFG All Terrain T/A KO2 or Hankook ATM RF10 are solid choices and work well for many. There are a few others as well.

I put LT285/70R-17 Yokohama Geolandar GO15 tires on my FJ Cruiser. They also have the snowflake symbol on the sidewall. They are quiet, smooth and have great traction.

You could move up to a 265/70R-17 if you want to increase your size slightly. We would be happy to provide you with some information to help you decide which tire is best suited for your driving style and conditions if you like. Just send us a PM.

So you can preview our excellent selections for your Tundra here is a link to them online.

LT265/70R-17 Tires | Discount Tire Direct

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.