Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Packed with Technology | Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

7K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Discount Tire 
#1 · (Edited)

Falken Wildpeak A/T3W
UTQG: 660 A, B (P-Metric Only)
Mileage Warranty: 55,000 Miles

The WILDPEAK A/T3W is engineered for adventure, any time and in any weather. The A/T3W combines aggressive off-road ability and rugged terrain driving without compromise on the pavement. An optimized tread design combined with a silica tread compound enable the A/T3W to excel in three areas: wear, winter, and wet performance. Designed for severe snow conditions, every A/T3W tire is qualified by the Rubber Manufacturers Association for the Three Peak Mountain Snow Flake (3PMSF) symbol. The A/T3W is packed with technology, from Falken’s patented 3D Canyon Sipes to an all-new proprietary lower sidewall. Full-depth sipes and grooves maintain consistent performance and appearance throughout the life of the tire.

Click here for: Falken Wildpeak A/T3W Pricing and Availability

-KEY FEATURES-

OUTER APEX SIDEWALL features a secondary bead apex that acts as a heat shield to protect the internal casing of the tire, resulting in confident handling and durability with the added benefit of sidewall protection on rough roads and trails.

3D CANYON SIPE TECHNOLOGY interlocks the shoulders to resist wear from high torque as well as providing additional handling stability.

AGGRESSIVE UPPER SIDEWALL along with offset shoulder blocks protect the tire from sharp rocks and provide additional off‐road traction at low tire pressures or in off‐camber situations.

SILICA TREAD COMPOUND delivers superior wear life and wet performance (non‐LT sizes).

HEAT DIFFUSER TECHNOLOGY in the lower sidewall dissipates heat to protect the internal tire components. Keeping this critical area of the tire cool ensures vehicle stability even when towing or carrying heavy loads.

RUGGED AND RIGID TREAD BLOCKS feature support ramps and step‐down features that provide tread-pattern rigidity in the contact patch, enhancing vehicle stability and handling while also preventing stones from becoming trapped in the grooves.

DEEPEST TREAD IN THE CATEGORY* provides long lasting wear as well as consistent snow and hydroplane resistance throughout the life of the tire (*LT Sizes, 20/32nds inches).

-MEDIA-

Source: falkentire.com

See less See more
#2 ·
Will have to look into these when my truck needs tires

Reactions: Discount Tire
#5 · (Edited)
Silca enhances the operating temperature range and helps the rubber remain pliable at lower temperatures, so if ice and snow traction is your primary concern the P-Metric version may be best for you.

What size are you considering? I'd be happy to verify the load capacity is appropriate for the weights your tuck is capable of hauling.

#8 ·
Thank you for the additional information, volleyball.

The P275/55R-20 A/T3W carries a maximum load of 2,833lbs each and the LT285/55R-20 A/T3W carries a maximum load 3,195lbs each. For reference, your O.E. tires carry a maximum load of 2,403lbs each.

As for used items, we do have select items available from time to time. When available, they can be found through our eBay Store.

#10 ·
Are the 285/70r17 p metric appropriate for a tundra. Do they have the same side tread profile as the LT? I really like the weight of these as they are lower than he BFGK02 in he same size. I would prefer he 285/75 but there is not no silica as it is a LT and the weight is way up there.

#17 ·
Replacement inventory for this tire is scheduled to arrive at our distribution centers over the next few days. If you'd like to reserve a set give us a call at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales representatives will take care of you. All that's needed is a 10% refundable deposit to hold the set.

#16 ·
the LT would handle off road stuff better tho, the softer p metric would probably fall apart quicker. Since Toyota envisioned the Rock warrior to be....a rock warrior, they put a harder tire on the truck. IDK why anyone would run a p-metric tire on a full size truck anyways. (I get it for winter in the north though) Although my LT toyo's did great in chicago winters.

#18 ·
Toyota...
Rock warrior is basically an appearance package with the only functional thing different than a regular TRD off road being the LT tires.
Whereas the TRD Pro is actually more capable than a regular TRD off road, and yet, they come with P tires. Seems backwards to me :lol:

Agreed, I'm replacing with LTs and not looking back.

#19 ·
I have these (33's) on my TSS stock wheels, 5100 shocks all around. I had to cut the skid plate just a little but really like the tire.

#21 ·
Call me old, but I am considering taking advantage of the 30 day trial period on the Toyo AT2 in 285/75R17 that I ended up going with. It bothers me that I can't hear the kids talk to be from the back seat of my crewmax. It is not so much the SPL of the noise, it is he high pitch noise they make. Besides that I do like them, and they work well on northern gravel roads here in Maine. I nticed the same problem with the Toyota on my Land Cruiser but figured the Tundra must have the old 80 series beat in regards to sound insulation.

So it seems like these tires are a good option and I like the fact they have been tested and received the Mountain Snowflake. Question do both P-metric and LT carry the designation. I am possibly biased towards the p-metric for the silica blend thread but it sucks to loose all that tread depth that the LT has.

Any reports on loudness of the two versions of the tire?

#23 ·
So it seems like these tires are a good option and I like the fact they have been tested and received the Mountain Snowflake. Question do both P-metric and LT carry the designation. I am possibly biased towards the p-metric for the silica blend thread but it sucks to loose all that tread depth that the LT has.

Any reports on loudness of the two versions of the tire?
Yes, both the P and LT construction bare the 3-peak Mountain Snowflake symbol.

With regard to loudness between the two... I haven't seen any side by side comparisons but I have to assume the two are comparable.

#24 ·
Got the 285/70r17s mounted as a replacement to Toyo AT2 extreme 285/75r17 tires. So far very happy with the quieter and smoother ride. Bothered me that I could not hear my kids talking to me for the back seat of the crewmax, could have went with the same size A/t3W as I had but decided on the Silica tread compound of the P metric version for possibly better winter performance. Also lost some tread depth by going P metric. Bummed about the loss of sidewall, and tread depth but will be happy with noise level, and "fuel efficiency" gains.

Combined with my Rockwarrior wheel the tire wheel package is lighter than what came on my 1794 edition Tundra.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.