Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

winter tires ??

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Kong 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2012 RW CM 4WD...I live in the Pacific N.W. and we get a pretty good amount of snow and Ice...I have the factory BF Good wrench tires with descent tread... So what I am asking is, Are these ok in the Snow / Ice or what are you guys using ?? I have always used the Blizzac stud-less tires on all of my other vehicles but this is my first 4X4...
Thanks..

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#4 ·
Do you run these with the tundra?? No issues ?

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#5 ·
The factory RW tires are the bfg ta/ko's with winter/snow rating. They are an exceptional tire in the snow imo. Not as good as a true snow tire, but they do great by me. I have had them on 2 vehicles and for me they did great in the snow. Ice, mehh, but on ice unless you have a true winter only tire which nothing else will really compare to they should be good as long as they aren't worn out.

And its BFGOODRICH, not good wrench lol.

#7 ·
I ran AT TA/K0s on my last truck, and thought they did really well in the snow. I rarely engaged 4WD (received several feet of snow last winter total), and am certain I wouldn't have gotten stuck had I left it in 2WD.

If you like Blizzacs, they should do even better, being a dedicated winter tire, which should not be a surprise statement.

#9 ·
I have heard the Goodyear Duratracs are bad ass...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.