Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Switch from 20" to 17"RW

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  safety77 
#1 ·
I would like to dump my 20 wheels and get 17" Rock Warrior's. Is there any issues on a 2011 SR5 4WD with going to a small wheel diameter?

#2 ·
Nope, no issues. Just make sure and get the lug nuts for the new wheels. Sensors and everything else is the same.

#3 ·
Just new tires and new lug nuts. do you have any suspension work done on your truck?

Reactions: mhswitch
#5 ·
ok I got 305/70/17 on my rw rims with stock suspention if your looking to go that route.

#6 ·
Millwright Yeah, Saw your build thread. Those tires and wheels are a great combination together, looks awesome. I'm thinking I want to not sacrifice GPM with the extra meat.
What kind of mileage did you sacrifice ...if any? You could possibly talk me into 305's if there is not much difference in fuel consumption.

#7 ·
I'm not really sure how much it went down but I get 13mpg with my terrible driving habits. I like to gun it a couple of times every trip. I'm sure I could improve it if I really tried.

#9 ·
Are you talking about the rock warrior rims?

#10 ·
Any 17" wheels in general. The selection for 17" wheels in our lug pattern is very limited. I ran the ProComp Lapaz wheels in 17" and Methods in 17". When you go smaller in wheel diameter the inside circumference of the wheel will obviously be closer to the brake calipers giving you less clearance. The brakes on these second gens are huge.

#11 ·
Mine fits fine on my rw rims that's good to know for when I get them rebalanced. I would love to have the 17" methods but I'm not a fan of the 0 offset.

#12 ·
With both the Method double standards (currently on the truck), and the ProComp Lapaz wheels, the tire only stuck out about half an inch in the front, and about 3/4" (315/70-17 tires) in the rear. I actually like the more aggressive stance. The truck looked silly with the stock backspacing with the wheels all sucked into it.

#13 · (Edited)
Sorry for the dig, but do you have any pictures of your truck with the procomp wheels? I came across them on their site today and wasn't sure if they fit, did a search and this thread popped up. Good info since everybody says the only 17's for the 2nd gen are the rw or methods.

#15 ·
Thread jacking

I have the same question, although I am looking at 18" for winter tires.
Tire shop said stock 20's are a +40 offset and if I go to a "0" offset that there should be enough room. I have a +18 on a 20" so they clear the "upper something or other":D
I have the Procomp 4" lift and bushwacker flares
Anyone know if that'll work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.