9K views 25 replies 20 participants last post by  50224 
#1 ·
What say y'all .....

In a 305/55/20

Falken at

Toyo at 2

Nitto

Minimal mud action ....
But I seldom do get into a slick situation when bass fishing and hunting (everything that walks)...

I do not need a mud tire...

Thanks in advance for the input

#2 ·
Well, if no one else will throw in their $.02
I have done some research a while back on this, I decided that the Nitto Terra Grappler would be best for me. I had them on my old 2wd tundra, for the occasional offroad hunting scenario. I sold the truck and it still had plenty of tread left, they wore great (for an AT tire) looked great, and I was very happy with them. I just bought some new Terra Grapplers LT285/65R18 for my 2010 tundra and I doubt I will be dissatisfied. I have only had them for 2-3 days, they run down the highway smoothly with minimal amounts of noise.

#3 ·
I used to have toyo mt 33x12.50r20 and hated them. They look awesome but I couldn't stand the road noise. I had them for a few years and just a month ago i put on some toyo at ii 295/55/20 and love them. They look awesome and still have an aggressive look to them but are so much quieter. It feels like I have a new truck. They are the same size as my toyo mt I took off. .02

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I have that size tire in a Nitto Terra Grappler and they have been great so far. I have noticed they dig a little in sand (Inflated to 45 psi) when we were out pig hunting a couple of months back. But they just dug in for a second when parked on a field terrace and then the truck moved. I don't care for the lightning bolts on the side wall, but other than that they have been great in rain, dirt, snow, ice, and a little mud. And they are pretty quiet on the road.

#18 ·
I have 295/70-18 Terra Grapplers and like them alot. Just wanted to mention that I thought it was funny that I never even noticed the little lightning bolts on all my sidewalls until I read this, and I'm normally very observant and the one that picks up on the little details.

#5 ·
Thanks for the reviews guys!!

#7 ·
I have Cooper AT3s. No more road noise than stock (though you are looking bigger). Good on the road, decent off the road, less expensive than Terra Graps or I would have gone with those. I looked into Falkens too but they had some mixed reviews.

Reactions: ZoSo
#10 ·
I don't think they make the coopers in that size??? I've heard good things about them though.... The best price I have seen for the at2 is $311 .... BFGs do last a while though they aren't really good off road from my experience... Thanks for the reviews!!

#12 ·
Hands down Toyo's are the best of the group.
Nitto's are good as well, but, the Falkens are not really at the same level.

Also, consider the Duratracs. They are a really good all purpose tire.
... though at a higher price.

#15 ·
Reactions: Hoot5.7
#16 ·
Nitto Terra Grapplers...

All,

I have had a set of Nitto TGs for about 3 years now. They are an exceptional tire. My rig is very heavy with all of my gear loaded up, and I have over 50,000 miles on these tires.

Last year, we went over the Continental divide and hit some passes ( Medano, Cumberland, etc...) with varied terrain ranging from baby heads to sand...

Tires did great. I will be buying another set when these wear out...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ

Reactions: ZoSo
#17 ·
All,

I have had a set of Nitto TGs for about 3 years now. They are an exceptional tire. My rig is very heavy with all of my gear loaded up, and I have over 50,000 miles on these tires.

Last year, we went over the Continental divide and hit some passes ( Medano, Cumberland, etc...) with varied terrain ranging from baby heads to sand...

Tires did great. I will be buying another set when these wear out...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

BWJ
I can't believe you have 50K on that tank already. Congrats on getting out there and using it (says the guy with only 5K on his 2013). :crying:

#21 ·
I've recently started looking around too since I only have about 5k more miles on my tires which are the Dunlop's. The Michelen LTX have peaked my interest for the price and rated for 70k miles supposedly.

#22 ·
I did hours of homework on A/T's and the Cooper AT3 came out on top for me. I run the Cooper ATP (discount tire only) on my SUV and it's been great.

FWIT all of the tires mentioned are high on most reviewed lists.

#23 ·
I had two sts of terra graps on my last truck, not Toyota. They wore great. I got 46K miles on the first set and was still able to sell the set to a friend. The second set left with the truck. I have exactly the same tire you asked about on order for my new tundra. 305x55x20. I did go with the LT version. They make both. LT version is really not needed on a Tundra, but they should wear a little longer than the standard class D version. My previous experience with these tires was with the class D versions, and they lasted 46K.
Rob

#24 ·
I'll be getting Toyo AT IIs. They are one of the "truest" tires you will ever find. Even my 35" MTs took VERY little weight to balance out. And the AT II has a 50K LT and a 60K P mileage warrantee. Its the only AT tire you will find with that kind of warrantee and that should tell you something. Plus the AT II Extreme looks badass. And Ive heard they are pretty quiet even though they have one of the most aggressive treads you'll find on an AT

#25 · (Edited)
Kumho Road Venture MT quiet on the road and very smooth. So much so the wife was the first to comment on them after I had them installed. Offroaded them for a week in Ouray CO and zero grips or slipping. Can't say on thread life only had them a month. With Discount Tire these 35x12.5x18 Kumhos have a 40k mileage warranty.

HIGHLY Recommend

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.