LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
New Mastercraft MXT

I'm not in the market for tires right now but just thought I would pass this along to anyone who might be looking for new tires fairly soon. I stumbled across this while I was just browsing online, and it looks like Mastercraft just unveiled their new MXT tire, which is listed as an extreme mud terrain. It also looks like it was just shown about 3 days ago at the SEMA show. According the Mastercraft's website, it looks like they will offer them in a few sizes that people have been running on tundras. Just thought I would pass it along because they are usually a cheaper alternative to the Nitto MT's and the Toyo MT's for people who want a good looking tire on a budget. I think they are a sweet looking tire and I'll be interested in any reviews and prices once they are available in stores and people can run them.
Attached Images
File Type: png Courser_MXT_1.png (336.3 KB, 128 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to parker44 For This Useful Post:
FirefighterCT (11-08-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-26-2014, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Finally got some real life pics

Alright I know I started this thread to show these tires to people...but a friend of mine just put these on his dodge 2500. He went with a 35x12.50-20. They look very good IMO, and he said they have a good ride, very smooth and quiet to be that aggressive. Also, I believe Mastercraft is selling them much cheaper than normal right now, trying to get them out there and let people know about them. I got a quote from a local tire guy in my town, and he told me a 275/70/18 in this mounted, balanced, and out the door would be about $990. For comparison, that same size in a set of trail grapplers on discount tire's website runs about $1300 shipped to your door, and then have to have them mounted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (85.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (180.1 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3.jpg (187.1 KB, 95 views)

08 Double Cab, 4.7L, 4x4
275/70/18 Mastercraft AXT's
2" MotoFab Leveling kit
3" iron cross step bars
LED Interior lights

Last edited by parker44; 02-26-2014 at 08:41 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to parker44 For This Useful Post:
Noob4Life (02-26-2014)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-23-2015, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Old thread but I wanted to see how these tires are holding up... Still deciding on these and st maxx tires

2008 5.7 CM TRD in Silver. Mods coming soon!!!!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I see alot of people running them around here, but most of them don't have many miles on them. The guy that I posted pics of running them, he said he's probably not going to get but about 20k miles out of his. His truck is very heavy though, and all he uses it for is pulling trailers and stuff like that. The truck isn't his DD, so when he does drive it, he's usually got a good size load behind him.

I think they are a pretty good mud tire for the money. A set of the MXT's in the 275/70/18 is still about $300-$400 cheaper than the Trail Grapplers, at least at the shops I've talked to around here.

08 Double Cab, 4.7L, 4x4
2" MotoFab Leveling kit
3" iron cross step bars
LED Interior lights
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by parker44 View Post
I see alot of people running them around here, but most of them don't have many miles on them. The guy that I posted pics of running them, he said he's probably not going to get but about 20k miles out of his. His truck is very heavy though, and all he uses it for is pulling trailers and stuff like that. The truck isn't his DD, so when he does drive it, he's usually got a good size load behind him.

I think they are a pretty good mud tire for the money. A set of the MXT's in the 275/70/18 is still about $300-$400 cheaper than the Trail Grapplers, at least at the shops I've talked to around here.
thanks man I really don't do a huge amount of wheeling but it is my DD so I may still with the Coopers. Thanks for chiming in though

2008 5.7 CM TRD in Silver. Mods coming soon!!!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
If you find any other reviews about these, be sure to post back. I really like the tires, but can't seem to find many people posting about mileage. I know quite a few of the offroad shops around here are putting these on rather than the Nitto's...but I feel sure that's also because it's cheaper for them.

I don't need an MT on my DD, but they look good. Those ST Maxx are some good looking tires as well, and definitely should last longer.

08 Double Cab, 4.7L, 4x4
2" MotoFab Leveling kit
3" iron cross step bars
LED Interior lights
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Premium Member

Thanked 2,574 Times in 1,599 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contenderv07 View Post
thanks man I really don't do a huge amount of wheeling but it is my DD so I may still with the Coopers. Thanks for chiming in though
Cooper/Mastercraft.... same company... Just like Toyo/Nitto

2011 Tundra CM 4x4 TRD Offroad, SR5, Spruce Mica, Zone 3/1 lift, 20x9 XD Black Hoss, 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler, TRD Skidplate, Sunroof, Cold Weather Package, Deck Rail System, etc...
Clarion NX501 NAV/DVD, 2 RE Audio SRX 10's in a custom vented box, HiFonics Brutus 1200.1, Stinger capacitor, 6K 35W HIDs in Fogs, and Low Beams, Plasmaglow Fire and Ice Light Bar, Rhino Liner Hardline, Tri-Fold Bedcover
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
My dad just put a set of these on his 2500HD Sierra over the weekend. He went with the 285/70/17 and got them mounted and out the door for about $950. Initial thoughts, they look great, and very aggressive in person. I rode around the block with him in it, and they are very quiet for what they are, ride smooth, and balanced up well. Of course they will wear get louder as they wear, but all of them do that. I will try and keep reviews posted of the tire in general.

08 Double Cab, 4.7L, 4x4
2" MotoFab Leveling kit
3" iron cross step bars
LED Interior lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.