Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Michelin LTX M/S2 P 275/60/20 (33") on JTI wheels...

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  qiphlow 
#1 ·
I got a little over 72K out of the Goodyear Silent Armors (and could have probably taken them safely to 75K) - been looking and thinking about my next set of tires for the past 3 months or so. Would I buy the SAs again - probably. They are a massive tire and were little hard to get perfectly balanced. At different points throughout their life (mostly when they were newer) I would get a little steering wheel shake despite the best efforts of my GY dealer. Most of the time though they rode rock solid. The one thing I did not like about the 275/55/20 tire on the 20" rim is the narrow sidewall. I considered going back to my 18" steel rims to get the taller sidewall look back, but decided to keep the 20" JTI wheels and put on a 33" tire (gaining 1/2" in the sidewall height). They fit without issue and fill out the fenders a little more. There is a 2.8% error on the speedo to keep in mind so I don't meet too many of the Troopers out on the highway (60mph indicated is actually 61.7mph).

They are pricey, but I was able to get this set for just a little less than I spent on the Silent Armors. Michelin has been advertising a $70 mail-in rebate - it is strange - the exp. date on this rebate was 8/25 at NTB, 8/30 at Discount Tire and even later at tirerack dot com. Weird. I got in on the last day at Discount Tire. Out the door price for 4 was ~ $ 1,1350 minus $ 70 MIR from Michelin and minus $ 30 MIR for financing them through the G.E. Capital Credit through Discount Tire (9m no interest) bringing the net cost down to ~ $ 1,250. They are warranted for 70K miles and ride very smoothly. Anyplace you look they get very high marks in all areas. Discount Tire did a fine job of balancing them and they feel rock solid. The pics:

Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel
Land vehicle Tire Alloy wheel Vehicle Car

Tire Synthetic rubber Automotive tire Auto part Tread
Land vehicle Pickup truck Vehicle Car Tire

Let me know if you have any questions.

re.ac.tor :beerchug:

See less See more
#3 ·
What are your thoughts on the 275/60/20 Michelin LTX MS/2 after putting quite a few miles on them? Is it worth going up a size to the 60/20, instead of sticking with the stock size 55/20 even when running a highway tire?

I'm due for new tires soon and would love to hear your feedback. I've loved my Michelin LTX MS/2, but I've been running the stock size. Thanks!

#4 ·
Bump

#5 ·
Reactor,
I tried to respond to your PM's, but it says that your Inbox is full and that you cannot accept additional messages. Thanks.

Matt

#6 ·
i had those tires as standard equipment on my '06 ridgeline. when i turned the truck in after the lease was up, with 50,000 miles on the tires they still looked like they had more than half the tread left. expensive tires, but worth the cost considering the longevity.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.