Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Rock Warrior Forged Wheel Color Matched Beadlock

15K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  14burrito 
#1 ·
Well I took off the beadlock portion of the wheel today too give it a good cleaning and I liked the look of it without the chrome.

Then it got me thinking that it would be cool to colormatch the beadlock to the truck, just wanted to see if anybody on the forum has done this, and if you have could you post some pictures.

My tundra's green so I think it would look good and make it a little more unique.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Coastie, where is a pic of that beautiful truck of yours? You hidding it? Shame on you.:lol5:

#11 ·
Mine are matte finish. Powder coated.

#17 ·
Here are a couple options. The on truck photos are on my build log.

A little touch up left to do.

#19 ·
The local powder coater charged $10/ring and $40/wheel. I love the way the white looks on the black wheel. The only problem was the powder coating reduced the inside diameter of the wheel and we had to grind some off to fit the wheels back on the truck. I would question the powder coater about this. Any powder coater should be able to do it. The other considerationn is the lug nuts. I tried painting them black that didn't last long. Need to order black lug nuts.

#21 ·
switching beadlock sets

If I want to buy an extra beadlock set so I can have one natural and one black, how much work is involved with switching them on and off?

#23 ·
haha, right on. I assumed it might be that easy based on the looks of it, but wasn't sure if the tire pressure needed to be lowered or the wheel/truck lifted. So, I can easily swop between my polished and blacked-out rings…? What type of bit is that, and should I use anything to help keep the bolts secure?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.