Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Color Matched Door Handles

13K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  1lowlife 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
Thanks for that, I'll shoot him a PM

My only concern is that it may look to matchy matchy. The contrast with black and the magnetic grey are nice. I searched but couldnt find any pro colors that had matching handles. I just know that i dont like the black plastic against the paint. Just dosent "feel" right for some reason.

#5 ·
You won't regret it. I changed them on my white and black tundra. The painted ones are SO much better. Stupid easy install....one screw.

#7 ·
Roman helped me too.

Got the bumper ends, mirror backs and handles from him.

#8 ·
I bought radiant red ones for my DC and it made it look so much better, especially since the rear DC doors are already color-matched.

Reactions: 1lowlife
#10 ·
#13 ·
Nope - open your door see the black flat plug on the door jamb? Pull that plug with a 90 degree pick or your fingernails. There is a Torx bolt behind that. Loosen that bolt and the handle comes off. I had the push mine toward the front of the truck to get the back piece of the handle off, then the handle will come out. Reverse the process to put the new one on. Easy peasy. Only difference is the drivers door... you have to swap the lock over to the new piece, again really easy.

#14 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm going to get these for sure as my 08' black handles looked like crap after 20k and nothing seemed to get the wax white streaks off them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.