Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

12.5" Tire on Factory rim ?

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  texas boy 
#1 ·
Anybody running or seeing issues with running 12.5" wide tires on the factory Pro rims.

I know the 295/70 will work, but that's a 11.5" wide tire.

looking at 33x12.5x18 Toyos

Photos would be awesome!

#6 ·
I personally would not run anything wider than 295s on 8 inch wide wheels.

Reactions: theoat
#8 ·
If the Pro rims are 18X8 +60 Offset like most of the Tundra oem wheels you'd need spacers to prevent the tires from rubbing the UCA's.
That wide of a tire won't be recommended to be used on that narrow of a wheel by the manufacturer....not to say guys don't do it.
I wouldn't personally though.

Reactions: jps68camaro
#11 ·
Guys, thanks for all the replies.
I was wanting to go with the New Toyo RT tire but they do not offer it in a 295 ... so was looking at the 33 / 12.5

I have no intention of changing wheels, love the Pro wheel.

I also know a lot of guys that run spidertrax wheel adapters that will push the wheel out 1.5". Do you think that would be enough to eliminate the rub with the 33/ 12.5

#13 ·
So I finally decided on tires. Really wanted 295 / 18 but the Toyo Open Country RT was not available in that size ... the 12.5 i had fear of hitting the UC, so i went with 285/65/18 ... VERY HAPPY with the tires, and still wish i could have got the 295 :) Decided against the Toyo MT's due to my driving habits, or i could have done the 295's.

The RTs are AWESOME! Pics just dont do these tires any justice. This is a GREAT LOOKING tire! I know I know, thats just asthetics :) But i'm telling you, this is really a good looking tire.

OK, so for the performance: Its a quiet tire. I had a 13 with BFG AT's and the RT is no louder PERIOD!
Have drove in rain twice so far, and they are equal to the BFG AT ....
Have not been able to get into any mud yet (that day is a comin!)
I'm in Texas so not going to ever be able to give an opinion of the tire in snow... :)
These tires have a 45k mile warranty... This was the final selling point for me.

I have pics, but will have to load later, as they are on my phone, and i am on my laptop.

#14 ·
Ya let's see them pics!

Reactions: theoat
#15 ·
Im running 275/60/20 Toyo Open Countrys on my stock 20" limited rims. I will need some new tires in the next 2-3 months. I thought about going with the same tire but in a 305/50/20...will that fit on my rim? I'm also lowered, any other issues? thanks in advance!

#16 ·
Any feedback on my question above? I'm starting to plan for tires and wanted to see my size options.....

I need a little wider tire due to my power and wanted to try something other than a 275 tire...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.