Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Please help - Keystone Trailers

5K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  nwtundra 
#1 ·
I live in AZ, my wife and I have a pending deal in purchasing a new travel trailer.

It is a 2017 Keystone Passport Ultra-Lite Grand Touring, yeah a mouthful, not even sure I typed it in the proper order,
Model is 2670BHWE , Bunk House Western Edition.

We chose it because it appears to be really nice and it is lightweight for its size, about 5200 lbs dry.

I'm creating this thread because I came across a facebook page that was dedicated to warn people about keystone trailers and their horrible quality, and I'm trying to find other sources of reviews but am practically coming up with zilch.

Does anyone out there have Keystone trailer? what are your thoughts or quick reviews. Any help is greatly appreciated since I have not signed anything binding yet.

#2 ·
We had a Keystone for a very short time. They "look" very upscale, but if you pay attention to the interior details, you'll notice they use cheap materials. Probably saves weight in doing so, but it also leads to such issues as peeling laminates, warping moulding, easily bendable body panels, etc. Ours also had some electrical issues caused by water infiltration into the brake lights.

One of the best trailers we ever owned was Forest River. Now that's some quality stuff, but you pay a certain price for heavier materials.

#3 ·
Keep in mind that happy customers rarely take the time to leave good reviews for a product.
Usually, you will only see the handful of unhappy customer reviews, so if you are not seeing a ton of bad reviews, I wouldn't worry too much.
Try and think of the last time you left a positive review on yelp or elsewhere, and all the good purchases you have made.

Reactions: Ding Ding Lai
#10 ·
We bought a 2016 Springdale 270LE made by Keystone back in February. It is a cheaper brand TT, but you get what you pay for. Only issue so far is DVD player makes the voices in the movie sound like they are talking after inhaling a balloon full of helium. Called local dealer today, and Keystone is shipping new player immediately under warranty. Gotta say their support is good so far. Other than that, we are very happy with it. TT's are not built like homes, care is important.

#11 ·
We own a 2011 Springdale and no major problems. No issues with interior trim, cabinets, appliances, or flooring. No leaks and electrical works great. I rate the build quality as good.

#12 ·
We own a 2014 Keystone 5th wheel....had a few problems when new but I fix them all other than that alls good and we winter in it in FL. Just do the required maintenance on it and you should be fine just resealed the roof this past winter and gave it a coat of wax just like anything else you purchase keeping up on the maintenance is the key to keeping water out and keeping it road worthy. R.C.

#13 ·
I live in Elkhart, IN, where all of these TT are made. They are all built with speed, weight and material cost in mind. So you will have issues with them eventually. Forest River is now owned by Warren Buffet or Berkshire. I know people who have owned TT's for a long time and never had any issues, i also know people who just bought one and have issue after issue.

sorry for the rays of sunshine!

#15 ·
bought a 2017 open range ultra light 2604rb about a month ago. a week after buying it, took a 3800 mile trip from ky to utah. weighs 5600 lbs. uvw. probably was pulling around 7500 lbs. total during our trip. no problems pulling it. during our trip, small issues arose. some of the door molding is coming off, one of the led lights in the bedroom works sometimes, main issue is, we filled up the fresh water tank and was full according to gauge, went to camping area in the mountains going up steep hills and by the time we got there, the tank said 1/3 full. put 10 gallons in and said it's full. tank is 52 gallons. so not sure if sensor is working properly or not. taking it in on the 9th at open range dealer to have looked at. besides the small issues, great trailer so far.

#16 ·
Thanks all,

picked it up today, spent more than 4 hours at camping world.. not fun..

This pic shows our previous TT 2015 Coleman and the new upgrade 2017 Keystone Passport. Get to take it out next weekend, I'm excited.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.