Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2016 - Installing another Brake Controller

5K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  AMRE2ME2 
#1 · (Edited)
As most of you know, the IBC on the 2016 does not work. Until Toyota comes up with a fix (however they have not officially acknowledged the problem yet) has anyone installed another brake controller?

I've been using the manual slider but that's getting old. I have a P3 so I'd like to install that until there is a fix.
The factory IBC has a ten pin plug in the back of it. The P3, with the Toyota harness (3017p) is a 5 pin plug. So unless I dont use the plug and play harness and just tap into all the wires, is there any other way to do it?

What have you guys with the 2015s done that bought the IBC and installed it into your truck? Is there another harness that you used to plug into the back of the IBC?

#2 ·
You unplug the factory controller and plug the Tekonsha Tundra adapter (I purchased it at Toyota) where the factory controller was plugged in. You will get a "check brake controller error" on the dash screen. If you disconnect the battery cable for about 30 seconds and reattach it the error will go way and not come back up.

#11 ·
I'd installed our older Tekonsha when we got the 2015 using that 3017P cable, then ditched it for the IBC, now reinstalled the Tek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.