Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Integrated Brake Controller Thread (2014-Present)

76K views 301 replies 69 participants last post by  aufinger 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2015 Tundra and to my dismay, the 2015s do not have an integrated brake controller, but the 2016s will (for sure this time).

I would assume that this means we can buy the OEM brake controller part once released on the 2016s and should be plug and play with the '14 and '15s. I personally think Toyota should give at least 2015 owners one for free since it was promised and is even in the manual.

I have not seen any concrete information on this so I have created this thread for the subject.

I have a Tekonsha P3 but really want the integrated one as I don't like it sticking out (even with the custom mount).

If anyone comes across information on the subject, please post here.

#2 ·
I'd sure think it will be available, maybe even for less than $500.

#4 ·
Seriously, they would want $200 at least to plug it in, and take over two hours.

Hopefully the part will be avail so that any of us with at least one hand can do the install. But it will be more than twice what a better unit is readily available for.

In a dream world it would be a unit specially tuned for our vehicles and avail for $150.

#11 ·
This thread is about the integrated brake controller, as comes on the 2016 models

#15 ·
No doubt. Tough luv.

Actually I did about the same you did mounting to dash face. We just all felt a bit ripped off not to have them integrated on our 2015s, have to figure out a new wiring adapter and put screws in our new cars.

#22 ·
not mine just a picture of the 2016 tundra but parts # are available just not in stock yet. Same part #'s for 2014 to 2016 tundra
dash panel # 55447-0c020-c0
brake controller relay # 89547-0c010

#24 · (Edited)
I think I paid like $23 for the panel and controllers showing about $180,

SWITCH PANEL - Toyota (55447-0C020-C0)

List Price: $31.95
You Save: $9.88 (31% off)
Sale Price: $22.07

 Add to Cart

SWITCH PANEL - Toyota (55447-0C020-C0)

List Price: $31.95
You Save: $9.88 (31% off)
Sale Price: $22.07

 Add to Cart

Genuine Toyota & Scion Parts

Toyota Parts Scion Parts

Manufacturer: Toyota
Part Number: 55447-0C020-C0
Part: SWITCH PANEL

RELAY TRAILER BRAKE - Toyota (89547-0C010)

List Price: $258.27
You Save: $84.52 (33% off)
Sale Price: $173.75

Please Call for Availability

Genuine Toyota & Scion Parts

Toyota Parts Scion Parts

Manufacturer: Toyota
Part Number: 89547-0C010
Part: RELAY TRAILER BRAKE

#25 ·
You're gonna sell all those you can get I'd 'spect.

#27 ·
Im not selling them i just posted the cost,you should be able to order online or your local dealer.

#26 ·
Sub'd

#30 ·
It is true that the brake controllers are not available yet. I'm checking on them every so often to see when they will become available.

#31 ·
When I swapped out my stock non-nav HU for a stock Nav one on my 2014, the small screen automatically started to display turn by turn nav arrows. Any word yet if the same will happen with the brake controller? Will trailer brake displays appear?

#32 ·
I do not know. I'm thinking the only way we are going to find that out is if someone picks one up and reports back here with their findings. I don't see why it wouldn't, since some of them had the wiring moved to accommodate the brake controller, but I'm just speculating.

#36 ·
I don't have to return my prodigy p3 since I just borrow it from my rv I only had to buy the cable to use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.