Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Best Tire Pressure Gauge?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  AZTUNDRA25 
#1 ·
Do any of you towers out there have a favored tire pressure gauge? I always air up when I tow, but I daily at a lower pressure for a more comfortable ride. Since I seem to adjust air pressure with some frequency, I'd like to get an accurate gauge. I have a stick gauge, a dial gauge, and a cheap HF chuck with gauge and they all read different pressures. I want to make sure pressures are correct, especially when towing.

Can you suggest a good tire pressure gauge?

TIA

#8 ·
#14 ·
#13 ·
I also have the Joes Racing without the hold feature and love it. Use it for airing down when off-roading because I've been to lazy to get the automatic ones.

Reactions: desmodromic
#16 ·
Reactions: desmodromic
#19 · (Edited)
Even the cheapest of cheapass digital tire gauges has proven to be pretty accurate (better than my Longacre racing gauges) over a longer period than my analog ones. And most of them can handle 80psi which is nice for E-range tires

as for letting pressure out, that's what a thumbnail, screw, or toothpick on the valve is for. I've never seen a gauge that can let air pressure out of a big truck tire fast enough for anything but fine adjustment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.