Readylift 3/1 Complete with Pics ((NEVERBEFORE SEEN PICS OF CLEARANCE GAINS))) - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Readylift 3/1 Complete with Pics ((NEVERBEFORE SEEN PICS OF CLEARANCE GAINS)))

First off...I wanna thank FrankieFive for the excellent transaction!!! Smooth as silk, great commo, and super fast shipping!!!! Was better than most EBAY transacations I've done and got a good deal to boot! Thank you!

Second - Pillar Tape Removal the easiest/best mod you can do for free. Loving it! Search for how to's and DIY in about 30 min. FREE MOD! (thanks RadiantRedTRD for the idea and whoever gave it to him).

Background: Picked up my truck on Thursday from Carmax and pulled the pillar tape on Friday. I had the Ready Lift already and had read the instructions several times, read forums postings, and watched the two videos on Youtube several times. I am lucky as the Military Base here has a DIY Craft shop with lifts, tools ect that you can use by the hour. In the door at 11:30 and out the door at 5! An hour of that time was spent getting the tools together, putting truck on the four corner lift, organizing parts, and clean-up, turn-in tools, clean bay and pay the $33 for bay/tool use. Four Hours to do the front, 30 min to do the rear.

Project Overview: I did both sides at the same time and worked by myself. I am pretty mechanically inclined, and have a background in various automotive repairs. I'm a redneck :-) and love to wrench. I refuse to pay somebody to do what i can break myself!

Problems: I wasn't careful about the lower control arms and cam position for the alignment. MISTAKE. Had to eyeball align just to drive 25mph with traction control off. Gonna be a fun ride to the tireshop on Tuesday to get my DURA TRAC 275/70/18's put on and get it aligned by the pros!

Install went well, and the only problem i really encountered was the driver side diff drop spacer. HOLY CRAP WAS IT TIGHT IN THERE. NO room for your hand or even a finger to get the nut on the top of the bolt. Had to peck it up a little bit, then use bubblegum on a wrench to hold the nut over the bolt (forget finger starting it). Second try with the impact got it started and tight.

For the measurements you see in the pics: I have on there 275/65/18s front and rear. Front has Michelin LTX A/S worn pretty good. They've got some tread, but are ready to be replaced. Rear has FUZION 114T M+S with about half the tread left. (These are going the way of the dumpster unless somebody wants them bad enough to come get them from WEST POINT, NY.

FUTURE: Gonna do after measurements and pics with the new DuraTracs on.

BEFORE AND AFTER PICS. Truck in my driveway...use the streetlight and bus stop in the bacground to judge evenness of the pics. I tried to get the same angle/distance. Its pretty freaking close.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Front Wheel Well

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Rear Wheel Well

BEFORE:

AFTER:

NOW FOR MY FAVORITE PICS....I couldn't find any pics on any forum for the before and after of the clearance under the front of the truck....so i took some of my own. I did mess up and take from opposite sides but in both pics the lift is all the way down and you can see the frame rails to get your perspective for comparison (and yes i should have used a tape measure here):

Before:

and AFTER:

'08 Crewmax 5.7 Supercharged
Current Mods:Pillar Tape Removed, ReadyLift 3/1, 275/70/18 DuraTracs, Rhlm, Flowmaster 50 Catback, Partial Debadged, Fold-A-Cover, Bed Mat, Pool Ball Shifter, Auto Tailgate Drop Mod, Homelink Mirror, Pioneer Avic920 w/ safeties off mod, 2010 colormatch grill w/ grillcraft insert, weathertechs.
Radiant Red Tundra Club Member # _ _
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:13 PM

Nice job..... Are you gonna run the duratracs on your OEM wheels?

08' XSP Double Cab
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Duratracs

Yep...that's the plan!

Got them balanced, installed, alignment for right at $1250.

Can't find a better deal unless somebody here knows of one.

THEN..going fromt the tire store to the stealership to try and trade drop in bed liner for cargo net for back seat even steven.

ANY BODY HERE WANT A DROP IN LINER or two fairly good tires (275/65/18) PM me

'08 Crewmax 5.7 Supercharged
Current Mods:Pillar Tape Removed, ReadyLift 3/1, 275/70/18 DuraTracs, Rhlm, Flowmaster 50 Catback, Partial Debadged, Fold-A-Cover, Bed Mat, Pool Ball Shifter, Auto Tailgate Drop Mod, Homelink Mirror, Pioneer Avic920 w/ safeties off mod, 2010 colormatch grill w/ grillcraft insert, weathertechs.
Radiant Red Tundra Club Member # _ _
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
Premium Member

Thanked 12,235 Times in 5,051 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Wish I had a lift in the garage.

All mod descriptions and pictures © 2007-2014 by Toxarch. They may be copied only for personal use and the mods may be done for non-profit only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORON #1
Do not mention his name here. He spits on us and talks crap and you're directing people to him from our site? I don't think so. I know you're neutral and that's fine, but please do not mention him here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.