Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2016 Platinum 6112/5160 installed pics

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Tun14dra 
#1 · (Edited)
Had 6112 (top setting) and 5160's installed yesterday. +2 Shackles go in this week. Right now the rear sits about 1/4 higher then the front.

The difference is night and day. Steering is very flat compared to the stock boat like feel. On/Off ramps and highway speed cornering is worlds different. Highway cruise (70+mph) floating is eliminated. The bouncing rear end has been reduced substantially. I havent taken it off road yet but speed bumps and construction area type of bumps are so much better. All in all this is an amazing upgrade. Prior to this i was debating on the TRD sway bar but afterwards I feel there is no need. They also had no issue with alignment.

Before:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I need to take my rear TRD sway bar off.
Mine suspension is too stiff after adding 6112/5160s..

Might even take off the front sway bar..

#6 ·
I'm thinking about running your setup as well. Came back from 2800 mile trip and the boat like feeling and bouncing was too much. 2015 1794

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Highway driving was a big improvement. Now I have always had GT and sports cars and this is my first full size truck but with the stock suspension at 75mph it was a boat. I could always tell if I was close to 70mph without looking at the dash. That has smoothed out so much that I have to keep looking at the speedo to make sure I am under 80mph.

#8 · (Edited)
With this improvement, you might be able to appreciate adding the roll bar even more. Depends on how much you want to push through those onramps etc.

#10 ·
Stiffer and better are not the same, with lots of things including springs and dampers.

#14 ·
The "lean" refers to the height difference between front driver's side vs front passenger. So it leans to the driver's side slightly. It is present from the factory (no clue why). I only had a 1/4in difference which is why I did not address it but I have read about others having a 1/2+ difference.

#15 ·
From my understanding the lean is set to offset the weight difference of the driver and gas tank being on the same side. Tacomas have the same issue. Most people have corrected it with either a small spacer on the front coil or adjustalbe coilover shocks(King, Fox, Icon). I never noticed it on mine by looking at it head on. Measuring with a tape you can tell a slight difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.