Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Rough Country/Pro Comp 4" Lift Question

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Brost 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking into the Rough Country or Pro Comp 4" lifts. I don't like the idea of strut extenders, so I am thinking that I would replace the strut extender with something like a Bilstein 6112.

So the question is:
-How much of the 4" lift is from the lift spindle and how much is from the strut extender?

Edit: I have a few more questions:

-Do these kits drop the UCA?
-How much does the cross member lower the LCA from center to center?

Thanks,
Curtis

#2 ·
FYI I received answers straight from the horses mouth if you will. For the a rough country lift:

The spindles are NOT lift spindles. They only are longer at the top to correct the UCA geometry.

The LCA is dropped 3".

The UCA is not dropped. The spindle accounts for this drop.

The entire lift is from the strut spacer. Therefore in order to switch it out with something like a Bilstein 6112, Fox, King strut, you will need to get it 4" longer than stock. I guess you could piggy back a strut extender on a 6112 to make it 4"? Sounds like a bad idea but not sure how else you could get the lift to exactly 4".

#5 ·
you can go with ome lift and get close to 4in lift. need ucas but probably the best option if you want a 4in lift unless you wanna drop the cash on some coilovers and shims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.