Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

How to remove the stock sway bar(s)

8K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  txchuck 
#1 ·
I want to remove the sway bar(s) on my 2015 TSS is it self explanatory once I remove the skid plate or is there anything I should know?

Can I have weight on the wheels or do I need to jack it?

Is there a rear sway bar? If so how do I remove it?

#2 ·
#6 · (Edited)
Forgive me cause this is about to get stupid but I do have a front sway bar correct? I for sure don't have a rear sway bar.

Is it pretty self explanatory for removing the front sway bar once I get underneath? Just remove the skid plate and then start taking out bolts that look like they're holding the sway bar?

#7 ·
What are you trying to accomplish here? Why are you trying to remove the sway bar if you're not even sure you have one? Not trying to be mean here, but just asking what your train of thought is.

#8 · (Edited)
Stole these from the web...

Remove the skid plate up front that attaches to the lower bumper valance (self explanatory once you look at it).

Remove the bottom 19mm sway bar link bolt on both sides.

Then remove the 4 bolts (two on each side) the guy in the pic is removing and it comes right off.

Attachments

#13 ·
Be careful, not sure how common it is, but when I went to put my level kit on two of the 4 bolts holding the sway bar to the frame were stuck pretty good. Ended up breaking the weld on the nut on the inside of the frame and had to bend to wrenches and apply heat to get them off and back on. Was a nightmare trying to bend a wrench to fit in a little 1" slot in the frame and hold the nut so I could tighten them back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.