Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Just ordered 6112/5160 combo

9K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  jetmech1990 
#1 ·
Just order this setup and plan on getting CB + 3 shackles and 1 CB shim on each side. Going to be running stock platinum wheels on my 2014 1794,
The 6112's will be set on the highest setting. Can Anybody running just this setup chime in on if I would need a diff drop kit also, or any suggestions on what eles I should do. Thanks in advance

PS read both threads on 6112/5160's and can't get a definitive answer to what eles I'll need and if it's okay with the parts I listed. Pics of your truck running the parts listed would be helpful too. Thanks again

#2 ·
Consider the diff drop kit to be preventative maintenance in this case. Not necessary however hell of a lot cheaper than replacing CV's and axles.

Reactions: smac619
#11 ·
Let me know how you make out, hoping to have everything installed in a few weeks. I'll most likely do the diff drop, cheap insurance I guess :)
Next is picking tires to fill in the space for a more agressive stance and look. This is my first time doing anything like this so hopefully I made the right choices in parts.

#12 ·
I'm excited to see the results. I'm still kind of up in the air about what to get for my truck so I'm trying to see what every one else is doing.

Reactions: Wacked
#13 ·
I'm thinking about going with the same setup, post pics once it's on.

#14 ·
I have been reading so damn much on this site and trying to figure out what to do as well. I just got my 2016 1794 a couple weeks ago and want to give it a more aggressive stance. So much info on here to decide whether you just go with a level kit or going what you are looking at with the bilsteins. Thinking do it right from the start, I will look out for pics.

#16 ·
I was in the same boat, went from thinking I wanted a leveling kit, to a 6 inch lift. But I'm almost sold on the 6112/5160 combo. I'm staying away from the leveling kits, just from what I've read on here. I do a little "off roading" (hard to get fishing/hunting spots) but not too extreme. And a 6'' lift would have been a little too much. Looks damn good, but not useful for what I use my truck for.

#22 ·
This is the setup I've settled on, but adding 1 CB shim to the fronts to fit 285/65/20 (~35x11.22) on stock Platinum wheels. Exhaustive research and filtering out the noise says I'll definitely have to bend the skid plate and possible remove the front/rear splash guards, but that's a compromise I'm OK with.

Technically, since I'm primarily a highway/ranchroad queen I could get the same at half cost with 5100's, but on a 50K truck, do it once and do it right.

Be sure to update with tire size decision and pictures!

#23 ·
I keep questioning myself as to what I want. I'm leaning more towards the 6112/5160 set up. I was also looking at the Toytec 3-inch Suspension Kit "BUL-207AH" with Coachbuilder Front Coilover Shims and Light Racing UCAs and with 1.0" Signature Series blocks, 2.0 prototype rear shocks, to include the bumper stop spacers. But I think that may be too much. So the 6112/5160 set up may be best. B/C I will be needing tires soon.

#26 ·
I did the next to highest setting and did order a shim for drivers side but wussed out from using it. I was like oh it's brand new truck I don't need it. Well I should have done it as the driver side is a half inch lower. I also did the +1 shackle and new bushings. The truck feels like a Tacoma meaning it's tight. Stock was a little rolly on bumps but now it takes all bumps and feels great. If there's another set up better than great but I'll brag about this cause it's night and day better than the stock trd bilsteins. I'm using the stock tires and wheels until they wear out. Will go for bfg's ko2's. This past snow season these tires were flawless though. Just wish they looked more bad ass cause it's a damn good tire.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
I just placed my order for the 6120/5160 combo. Still haven't figured out what i want to use to lift the rear or if I should order a shim for the front. This site is very expensive to look through. Waiting to see some more pictures of this set up.

#28 ·
Just a suggestion for all of you doing the lifts in the rear of your truck cosnider the Toytec rear shackles they can be used as 1 inch of lift (like CB +2) or u can set them at 1.5" rear lift (like CB +3) and they are half the price with poly bushings. I have them installed on the 1 inch setting and they are awesome. I'm thinking of going to the 6112/ 5160 combo myself.

#31 ·
I have the 6112/5160 combo with CB+1 in the rear on my 2015 CM TRD 4x4. Absolutely love the set up. The suspension really shines during high speed off road driving. Soaks up every bump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.