Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Comp prorunner long travel

14K views 81 replies 19 participants last post by  Dragos28 
#1 ·
I've been seeing a few pics of dealer installed trucks with this kit and was hoping to find someone that has actually been around or heard some personal experiences with it. I know the cast arms are probably a deal breaker for most guys but I think for a truck that would be more on road than off but still needs more off road ability like myself it would serve my needs good. And probably more likely to have a warranty and dealer install

#3 ·
Last I heard they stopped selling the kit after a really brief run to address some issues. And I have never heard of any dealers installing them. Dealers usually install leveling kits and that's about it because all they care about is how the truck looks for sale purposes. Most potential buyers wouldnt know the difference between a cheap spacer lift and a top of the line MT or LT system when looking at a truck. All they see is a lifted truck with big tires and nice wheels. Besides, I don't understand why anyone would want to finance a dealer installed lift. First you are paying a big mark up on the lift itself. Then the dealer install price. And then you are rolling that into a 4-6 year finance plan. In the end people end up paying thousands for a couple hundred dollar spacer lift. I don't even want to think how much you would end up paying for a kit that costs thousands BEFORE a 4-6 year financing term. If you just want a suspension that will handle mild to moderate off road speeds and thrashing then go MT. I would much rather have a dialed in quality MT suspension with Kings, Fox, or ADS, than a bottom of the line LT kit from ProCrap. That's just my opinion though.

Reactions: Dragos28
#4 ·
The white one is from Modseto Toyota, the black one that says tforce on the N-fab bumper was posted by N-fab saying it "might" available at dealers. The red truck with the vinyl stripes I couldn't find the location of yet, and the rest of the pics are actually 2 different trucks sold by Findlay toyota. If you Google them and look at their inventory one of them is actually on their site for sale

#5 ·
Having problems getting these pics up here, hopefully it works this time

Attachments

#14 ·
Maybe its just an issue on my end but the vehicle details box on that link is blank and I cant find anywhere where it talks about the suspension lift. You can see a shock reservoir in one of the pics though and it has the PC flares so I guess I was wrong. But 60K for an SR5 is ridiculous. I got my 14 CM 4X4 SR5 with leather and Nav for just over 40K. Financing 15-20K worth of tires, wheels, and low end LT just doesn't make sense to me. Unless my math is completely off. Financing 20K worth of parts at 6.9% over a 6 year period is going to cost you around $8400. So at the end of your finance term you end up paying around $28,400 for tires, wheels, flares, and the lowest quality and performing LT kit on the market. No thanks.

#8 ·
OK yes I'm not fund of the price but I'm not looking for a new truck or financing the kit with the dealer. The reason for this thread is that there are indeed trucks with this kit out there and I'm looking for some help to find someone that has experience with it. For as the reason why I want it over mid travel or other long travel, I like the fact it's lifetime warranted and gives the trucks full power train warranty from procomp. Whether it's better then tc or camburg or who ever is besides the point. To be frank, and not meaning this hateful, It's my money that might spent, or yours. But I really do appreciate the concern and opinions, simply I just want more info on this specific kit

#9 ·
+1 for what the guy who spanks his dog said.

can you clarify what it is you're trying to say, you want a truck with long travel yet it will not go off road?

are you sure you understand what a long travel truck is?

some how i think your logic is failed... but hey, its your $ so spend it however you want. just dont come asking for advice and then get mad when it doesnt suit your needs....

#11 ·
Kinda like a Pro with oversized tires. :D

Heard they stopped selling it because they broke a LCA when testing. hahaha
Warranty doesn't mean D#ck if the product sucks. I could sh#t in a box and throw a lifetime warranty on the box and people will buy it >:D

#12 · (Edited)
Seriously...I have a 2014 Platinum that came with a 6" Pro-Comp lift, Supercharger, Tires and Wheels, AMP Running Boards, and several other goodies didn't cost me $58K! I think I would look around. If you are in Vegas then I think it would be worth it to check out Brent Brown Toyota in Provo, UT. Ask for Todd Robinson and tell him Shane Oaks referred you. That is a lot of money for an SR5!

#15 ·
The coilovers may be something but thier cast LCA and uca are crap. They aren't made for the long haul by any stretch of the imagination. Is $12k really worth the may or may not offroad option?

#18 ·
I'm saying I understand the fact this kit is most likely not to the standards as other long travel kits. The whole reason I have an interest is the warranty of it. Yeah I could get a TC kit and probably be a greater quality but seeing that my truck is still in factory warranty, if a problem did happen the dealer most likely not gonna pay for it with just one look at the truck. With pro comps warranty I would have that extra insurance. And point I tried to make about being off road is that for the amount of time my truck would be off road, I don't need all the bells and whistles or strength of a more expensive kit. As you and I both said, at the end of the day it's my money not yours

#19 ·
OK yes I'm not fund of the price but I'm not looking for a new truck or financing the kit with the dealer. The reason for this thread is that there are indeed trucks with this kit out there and I'm looking for some help to find someone that has experience with it. For as the reason why I want it over mid travel or other long travel, I like the fact it's lifetime warranted and gives the trucks full power train warranty from procomp. Whether it's better then tc or camburg or who ever is besides the point. To be frank, and not meaning this hateful, It's my money that might spent, or yours. But I really do appreciate the concern and opinions, simply I just want more info on this specific kit
Its your money true. Throw it away if you want. Cast iron sucks on everything except gym weights. For comparison, I bought a Rockwarrior in 2013 for $36k, and spent $21k for suspension. Thats way less than the truck you are looking at and the suspension is Total Chaos LT (4130 tube and box arms with stainless steel uniballs), front and rear Fox bypasses with rear hydro bumps, rear spring under axle conversion, and FULL bedcage.

Warranty? F the warranty. I have 45k miles on my truck and nothing suspension related has broke. and I beat the crap out of The Truck. So gamble on paying through the nose for a warranty if you want, I would rather just fix it if it breaks. Besides, Total Chaos, Fox, and Deaver will take care of me if I have problems with their parts.

#23 ·
I'm confused. If you don't "need" LT and are only interested in an off road capable Tundra with a full power train/ drive train warranty, why not just buy a Pro and save a shit load of money?

Reactions: Über Drunk
#30 ·
On a side note - I think the TT crashed the Findlay toyota website

#34 ·
Holy crap! OK I get it. Apparently no one thinks likes this kit. I wasn't asking for opinions or saying I was gonna buy the truck I posted. I just wanted to know if anyone on the forum has been around one and to show there are some floating around. For as if I "really need long travel or not", probably not, but it's my money and decision. Sorry I asked

#35 ·
Bruh you asked, we answered. Bruh its cool, dont get all hurt, bruh.

Reactions: Dragos28
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.