Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toytec shackles installed!!!

15K views 37 replies 20 participants last post by  SuperGeek 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I installed the shackles today as well as the lower bushings. Let me just say removing the factory bushings is a biotch. I built the tool one of the members on here made and it worked well but still was tough I didn't have any air tools either. I will post a pic of the tool. I ended up setting my shackles on the middle setting or hole. I tried the top one but it made my truck way too high in the back. So the second notch worked well for me. If you having any questions please let me know thanks and here is the pics..
This pic is the finished product!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It definitely feels firmer and more stable. I'm very happy with them!!!

#4 ·
The tool . This is the pic I based mine on.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
It's in I just didn't get a very good angle of it. These shackles come with 3 different pre drilled holes. You are seeing the lowest one which isn't used on tundras. I have the bolts into the second hole option. My wife is reading this and laughing at me talking about all these "hole options" ;)
As for a larger spare maybe it's still pretty tight in there... oh there I go again ha ha.

#7 ·
I think it looks great.
I need shackles this summer for my tundra.
It sits level now and I want some rake.

Not sure If I want CB or Toytec...:eek:

#9 ·
None at all. After. Adding the carrier bearing drop the drive shafts is pretty dam straight

#11 ·
I would think you would still need one because you still have the same split drive shaft as the 4x4.

#13 ·
That looks good man. I like that the 275's you have still don't look too small. A lot of times these trucks make those tires look small, but I really like that. I eventually might pick up some new shocks and if I do, I'll have to grab a set of these shackles!

Reactions: Muleycrazy13
#15 ·
Yes I installed one and I have zero vibrations

#18 ·
Ya I'll post a pic but its basically a little block with a hole in it for the bolt to go thru

#26 ·
I did but i deleted them already sorry. It sat way to high in the back on the top setting and thats even with my front already having a 2.5 inch lift. I think the top notch would be best for someone with a full 3 inch lift up front or someone who like alot of rake for towing etc. Im thinking of switching to the 6112/5160 suspenesion with a shim on the front and at that point i may go back up to the top setting on the shackle. It is very easy to swap shackle settings i just prooped the frame of the truck stands and then used a floor jack under the rear diff to slightly raise it and take the pressure of the leafs then pop bolts out use floor jack to higher or lower amd reinstall your bolts.

#27 ·
I just ordered my toytec shackles and CBD, 4ea CB shims, and rear 5100s from Keith last night. I can't wait to get it all on.
@Muleycrazy13 , excellent color choice if I say so myself

Reactions: Muleycrazy13
#29 ·
Yesterday, I added 2 CB shims on each side up front (5100s middle setting), rear 5100s, CBB, and toytec shackles on the 1" setting. I'm very happy with the results. Looks like all my reading on here paid off, as I got the stance I was both expecting and looking for. Thank you to all the pioneers before me for making this decision as easy as it was!

Now, on to tire and wheels, ugh, this one want be so easy. I am really torn between 275/65/20 and 295/60/20 tires and I can decide between calioffroad +18 offset and XD Heist +30 offset. And between these 2 tires and 2 wheels, which would be the best matchup.

Attachments

#30 ·
On their website, Toytec shackles do not look impressive. But here's is one picture (from another forum) side by side with Toyota shackle. Also from what I understand, it's steel, not aluminum.

Attachments

Reactions: UncleBuck
#31 ·
For those of you whom are wondering my truck is set on the middle bolt hole on the shackle just like in this picture. Might help some of you understand what i meant. Keep the pics coming. Im meanwhile trying to wear out some tires i want bigger ones!

#33 ·
According to the picture, it doesn't look like it. But why even buy them if you're not going to use them for lift?

Reactions: Jesco
#37 ·
Good enough reason for you?

I was just curious, No need to be all "Good enough......." :D

Sounds like a reason to do a lift now to me.

#36 ·
No

I think the key to that is the bushings. But I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.