Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Shackle Net Gain

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  firerescue4 
#1 ·
Ok..Now that the front is complete, let's work on the rear. I will in some point in the future add a mini-pack but today I want to get the ball rolling with the shackle. Want to get .75 total lift in the rear.

A call to Deaver I learned you could spec the mini pack with 0 lift.So I want to get the lift I need from the shackle. Maybe easier to controll the total with 1 part vs. 2.

Matthew at MCM says I should keep the rear lift to .75" with the ADS shocks and reports say a ots mini pack gives 1"+. That's why the 0 spec for the pack. CoachBuilder reports his +1 gives @.6" lift and the +2 gives @1.25".

So, the shackles that may give me what I need are the Camburg +1.5. Now looking at the actual lift gained from other sources, it looks to be 50 to 60% lift gained per inch.

So after all this, the lift gained from those of you that use after market shackles, how much actual lift did you gain? Even better if you have used the Camburgs.

#2 ·
+2 gave me just over an inch.
Coachbuilder is bang on with his lift achieved using his shackles.

Also my truck is a smoother ride in the rear with his shackles.

#5 ·
Getting 1.5 shackles is not a problem. Camburg already makes them. There are a lot of discussions on how much lift is gained by xyz shackle. Some people end up with more than they wanted and others less. Maybe knowing with a little better idea on how much you gain per inch may save someone some trouble.

Is the gain linear? Maybe it's progressive. If I just ask CB to fab me a set of 1.5's, if he will even do that, what lift does that give me? I know I want about 3/4" (+/-) a little. Should I buy the 1.5 and see if they do what I want? Then buy again. Would prefer not to as the guessing has already been money wasted.

#6 ·
Why not get CB +1 and shim the spring perch to dial in your desired lift? Takes the guess work out of it.

#8 ·
@Southern
Would you be okay if your rear lift was slightly more or less than your goal rear height ? Seems like you're over thinking it a little. The rear height will change when you load up with a cooler full of beer or having passengers in the back seat. Not sure if you have a full size spare but being able to fit that between th shackles is a concern. But that's more weight that'll change the static height of the rear from the weight of the larger tire.

You've done the research clearly - just gotta get those Deavers, figure out how to install them on the stock leaf pack, put on those shackles with lots of grease to prevent squeaks and creeks. Then go out and have a blast!

#9 ·
Hey Canyonaro..Sure it would be ok for +\-. My goal was .75ish based off of what Mat said. So just looking for the proper length to get me in that neighborhood. You had ADS when you were mt...how much were you able to add to the rear? You may not have had bolt in though. Did you have oem spec or did you go longer?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.