Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Toytec Boss 3inch coilovers?

12K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  ikon 
#1 ·
I've done my search and it doesn't look too bad. Some mix review but that was few years back. Looking to get these over the ome.

Anyone has or had them? I plan on throwing a shim to make it a 3.5-4inch. To match my CB+3 shackle with 35/34 tire

#2 ·
I don't think you can go wrong with either but OME can take more of a beating IMO. On the upside, Toytec are adjustable.

#4 ·
I installed the Ultimate Boss kit on my wife's 13 TE 4Runner in may of 2014. The Toytec COs seem to be pretty good quality to me. Firm but not harsh, adjustable, and rebuildable. No issues or weird noises and no complaints.

Reactions: ikon
#5 · (Edited)

I don't have any experience with OME but the Toytec COs look and feel pretty solid to me. However, I highly doubt they are even remotely on the same level as 2.5 Icons in quality or performance. And the price difference reflects that.

#6 ·
I have the boss complete kit and love it. For the price it does its job for what I need it to do. I've never rode in a OME tundra but have in my brothers fj and it seems his is stiffer than mine. I have the 700lb springs as well. Coil spring Auto part Suspension Fuel line Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
#8 ·
I ran the Toytec BOSS on my 2014 4Runner; it rode great and performed very well for trail off-roading. I also ran the Fox/Icon set up on another vehicle and it definitely did better on higher speed desert off-roading but no difference when doing "jeep" mountain, dune, or forest road trailing. Also, the Fox system was a lot nosier which got somewhat annoying for daily driving use and so they need constant attention. The Toytec was great for normal street use and is what I am installing for my 2015 Tundra. But if you plan on doing more high speed off-roading, I would opt for the Fox or other similar quality system.

Off-roading with the Toytec Boss:

#11 ·
So your ordered the Toytec COs? Did you order UCAs also? Good decision on buying from Keith. You wont find better customer service. Before AND after the sale.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.